How to configure carrier/trunk correctly?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

How to configure carrier/trunk correctly?

Postby Yik » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:24 pm

Hi
I have been trying to configure Vicidial with net2phone trunk/carrier but no success. Until now am not able to make outbound and receive inbound DID calls. Appreciate if anyone could guide me accordingly. Thank you.
Yik

Re: How to configure carrier/trunk correctly?

Postby Yik » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:25 pm

In addition, I will require to dial with 011 prefix for outbound call. Thank you.
Yik

Postby DomeDan » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:58 am

Hi and welcome!

when you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

this IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

also post your configuration, Registration string, Account entry, Global string and Dialplan entry
a part from the Asterisk CLI when your trying to make a call would also be useful to see.
Vicidial Partner. Region: Sweden/Norway.
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
Email: domedan (at) gmail.com
DomeDan

Postby ZoVoS » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:38 pm

Registration String: register => SIPUSERNAME:SIPPASSWORD@IP OR HOSTNAME OF PROVIDER:5060
Some providers force the use of an IP some the use of a domain.

if your provider uses an unorthodox port change 5060 as appropriate

account entry;
[N2P]
;^NAME YOU WANT FOR YOUR CONTEXT^
dtmfmode=inband
;personal choice if you use GSM you will probably need to set this to rfc2833
type=friend
;I use friend as I do some funky stuff and am my own VoIP provider visit http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+sip+type for more info
username=SIPUSERNAME
secret=SIPPASSWORD
fromuser=SIPUSERNAME
;May or may not be needed
host=IP ADDRESS OF YOUR PROVIDER
canreinvite=no
allowguest=yes
; These settings depend on a multitde of other factors. You may also require Nat=YES if your server doesnt have a public ip
disallow=all
allow=alaw
;or your codex of choice
context=trunkinbound
;For inbound

Globals String:
not exactly needed but meh most people use one
TRUNKN2P=SIP/N2P

DialPlan;
exten => _X.,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => _X.,n,Dial(${TRUNKN2P}/${EXTEN},,tTor)
exten => _X.,n,Hangup

I would consider altering the dialplan to 011.
but the way you handle the dialplan is entirely up to you. I personally have all numbers with 44XXXXXXXXXX and 0XXXXXXXXXX translating and my agents have an invalid context (agent-nodial) as their individual phone contexts.
There are lots of fancy things you can do with your dialplan but that's outside the scope of this reply.

DIDs are required for inbound under the -admin login- => INBOUND => Show DIDs.

that should be enough information to get you started. however you really should read the manual as it has all the relevant information you require and I believe is a requirement for posting on the forum. Also I have a tenancy to make silly little mistakes so take everything I have posted with a pinch of salt.
ZoVoS

Postby RukuBaruku » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:58 am

hello.
Im new in vicidial and i need to add a second carrier in the system for outbound. can some help please.
Hera is all the information received by provider>

Number: 123456789
Authentication Username: xxxxxxxx
Authentication Password: yyyyyyyy
Domain: telephony.aaa.
Protocol: UDP
Port: 5060
Vicibox 5.03 from .iso | VERSION: 2.10-450a BUILD: 140822-1034 | 1.8.23.0-vici | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | HP ProLiant DL580 G5 E7310 1.6GHz Quad Core
RukuBaruku

Postby striker » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:18 am

do want to know how to add a carrier/
or
u need to know how to utilize two carriers in a single campaign. as failover.
www.striker24x7.com www.youtube.com/c/striker24x7 Telegram/skype id : striker24x7
striker

Postby RukuBaruku » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:30 pm

I have configured but with different format.
[xxxxssip]
disallow=all
allow=g729
type=friend
host=ip address
dtmfmode=auto
canreinvite=no
nat=yes
context=trunkinbound

and
exten => _39XXXX.,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => _39XXXX.,2,Dial(${xxxtrunk}/00${EXTEN},,tTo)
exten => _39XXXX.,3,Hangup

can you help with configuration?
Vicibox 5.03 from .iso | VERSION: 2.10-450a BUILD: 140822-1034 | 1.8.23.0-vici | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | HP ProLiant DL580 G5 E7310 1.6GHz Quad Core
RukuBaruku

Return to Support