VICIDIAL, vtiger & SugarCRM

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

VICIDIAL, vtiger & SugarCRM

Postby kchung » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:17 am

I've noticed that there's a webform for vtiger in Mantis. Is/Will this be included in the v2 release?

I'm looking at both vtiger and Sugar. Since you've had dealings with vtiger and vtiger is a fork of Sugar, what is your opinion of it compared to Sugar?

Can you tell me the advantages and disadvantages of both as a standalone product and as 'integrated' with VICIDIAL for use with a small company (Win2k3 server, WinXP+Office, below 300 users)?
kchung

Postby mflorell » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:31 am

The vtiger_search.php script was done as custom programming for a client, but should work with any vtiger 4.2 setup. This script will search for any record in vtiger by phone number that belongs to the customer and if a record exists it will send the agent directly to the customer's record. If no record exists it will insert the needed records into vtiger and send agent to the new customer record page in vtiger.

As for SugarCRM, I haven't looked at it, but I believe that their database has changed quite a bit since the vtiger fork. They both have roughly the same functionality the main difference is that vtiger is pure open-source, while Sugar is dual licensed like Asterisk is.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby kchung » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:49 am

I see. What's the compatibility like for 2.0?
kchung

Postby mflorell » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:52 am

I'm not sure what you're asking.

The vtiger_search.php is the limit of the linking of VICIDIAL and vtiger. What you can do is export leads from vtiger and import them into VICIDIAL then call on them and the vtiger record for that customer will be brought up on the agent's screen.

There is no backend integration of databases currently. This is highly dependant on the customer needs and is quite hard to standardize on because of that.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby janokary » Thu May 31, 2007 2:15 am

what about sign on? Agent has to sign both in vicidial and vtiger? or there is a single sign on method?
janokary

Postby mflorell » Thu May 31, 2007 12:24 pm

I'm sure if you had the time you could figure out the code that vtiger(Sugar) uses to do logins and add it to the vicidial.php code, but for the purposes of the project I did, the agent needed to login to vtiger before logging in to VICIDIAL.
mflorell
Site Admin

AutoLogin to Vicidial and Redirect to Lead Detail

Postby JagFan » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:30 pm

I know this is an old post but the answer may help someone. Besides I have gained enough from this forum its nice to give something back.

First modify the Authenticate.php file in the Users module directory of vTiger.

Add to Authenticate.php after $focus->load_user($user_password);

//*************************************************************************
// Modification to allow redirect to module after login
// Adds 3 optional parameters to query string
// forward_action = action to take in module
// forward_module = module we wish to redirect to
// record = the record if any we wish to display in module
// This code came from the SugarCRM forums but it applies to vTiger also
// http://www.sugarcrm.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4046
//************************************************************************

$forward_action = "index";
$forward_module = "Home";
$record = "";
if (isset($_REQUEST['forward_action']))
{
$forward_action = $_REQUEST['forward_action'];
}
if (isset($_REQUEST['forward_module']))
{
$forward_module = $_REQUEST['forward_module'];
}
if (isset($_REQUEST['record']))
{
$record = $_REQUEST['record'];
}
$login_direction = "action=$forward_action&module=$forward_module&from=login&record=$record";

// End Redirect Mod

Then comment out Line 70: "header("Location: index.php?action=index&module=Home");"
add this line below

header("Location: index.php?$login_direction");

To login and redirect to a module add these query strings to your URL. For example if I wanted to redirect to the Contacts Module and view record 1, I would use the following URL

http://URLTOVTIGER/index.php?action=Aut ... x&record=1

If Using the vTigerSearch script for Vicidial change the line after Amend URL to:

$account_URL = "http://192.168.1.215/crm/index.php?action=Authenticate&module=Users&return_module=Users&return_action=Login&user_name=$user&user_password=$pass&login_language=en_us&forward_module=Leads&forward_action=DetailView&record=$leadid"

This depends on the Vicidial agents having a users account in vTiger with the same usernames and password as Vicidial.
JagFan

Postby mflorell » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:30 pm

Thank you very much for the posting. As we understand more how vtiger/SugarCRM work we will be able to do more integration with it.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Features