- Everyone is here on a volunteer basis; we're here to help each other out. So please remain polite and patient as we try to work out the problem. Proper Internet etiquette is also welcomed (don't type in caps, cross-posting and spam are evil).
- We understand that not everyone's first language is English, but please make your best effort in communicating in English when possible. Also, everyone should respect the fact that not everyone speaks English as their first language, so be nice and patient.
- Search the forums, wiki and Mantis before posting. Your problem may already be solved!
- Proper subject line should be used. It would be helpful to everyone reading your post and for future support reference. A good subject line should include the problem component and it's problem and version number. Example: Hopper won't fill except with NEW leads in 1.1.12
- Whenever applicable, please post version numbers of any software you're using. This includes your Linux distribution, kernel, Perl, Asterisk MySQL, php, or any other affected component of your system.
- While our expertise here is ASTGUICLIENT and VICIDIAL, our knowledge does overlap to related areas such as Asterisk, Perl/CPAN, MySQL, php and Linux. You are welcome to post problems related to ASTGUICLIENT and VICIDIAL but you may also find faster support elsewhere, especially non-ASTGUICLIENT or VICIDIAL installation issues, by visiting relevant websites, forums or chat channels on freenode.net.
- Your knowledge is welcomed! If you encountered a problem and solved it, please do post your situation so everyone else can learn. Also, if you request help here and we helped you fix the problem, please come back and post the steps of how you applied our help in fixing the problem.
- You may also be requested to fill out a bug report at our bug tracker. Please do it at your earliest convenience so we can work on the problem.
- Buy and read the manuals, donate and visit the sponsor links! Our main developer has spent personal money and time in making this software possible. Please contribute back so this software will continue to thrive!
- If you require more help, phone and onsite consultation is available from Matt Florell and others. You can contact Matt at his company's contact page. Other consultants are listed at the wiki consultants page.
- Want to be up and running ASAP? Consider buying turnkey hardware from eflo! See eflo's product page for more info.
Chat: #asterisk on freenode.net
More resources will be added later. Does anyone have any to recommend?