Drop List and clearing the list

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Drop List and clearing the list

Postby bghayad » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:26 pm

Hello;

vicibox 8.1.2, vicidial 2.14-714a, Build 190628-1511, asterisk 13.24.1-vici, Single Machine

I noticed that when I run the Drop List, the list is filled by the leads, if I cleared the leads, and I ran the drop list again, the leads are not coming again. How I can resolve this? What if we did clear for the list by wrong?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Re: Drop List and clearing the list

Postby williamconley » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:42 pm

when I run the Drop List

How exactly are you doing this? There is NO option in Vicidial to "drop" a list. In Vicidial there is a link at the bottom of each list to "Delete this list". Which will delete the leads and the list. But if you use MySQL to "drop" a list ... you will be dropping the "vicidial_lists" TABLE and not any specific list, which doesn't delete any leads. It merely deletes the NAMES of the lists. Unrelated to removing LEADS which are in the "vicidial_list" table.

Note the difference there: Leads are in "vicidial_list" (singular) whereas the names of the lists are in "vicidial_lists" (plural). If you want to delete all the leads from a list, and the list itself, you must delete all the leads in the vicidial_list table with that list id in the "list_id" field and then also delete the list from the vicidial_lists table with the same list id. Otherwise, when you re-create a list in the vicidial_lists table, the leads are still there in the vicidial_list table with a matching list_id and will immediately populate that list.

Confusing enough? Yes, they probably should have named the table "vicidial_leads" instead of "vicidial_list" a decade ago, but that isn't going to change since there is SO much code accessing that table in so many places. Get used to the fact that "vicidial_list" is the leads, and "vicidial_lists" is the lists, and they are linked with the list_id field in both tables but it's not enforced in a "relational database" linked field with cascade deletion since this system doesn't work that way.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:11 pm

1) I created Drop List and configured it and placed List ID to be 200.
2) Run Now Trigger: I set it Y to run it now.
3) I checked the List ID 200 and I found the leads that were dropped in all the lists.

At List 200 where dropped leads are inserted to it (drop leads from other lists), I decided to do clear using the option that is existed in the bottom of the List page:
CLEAR THIS LIST

So I clicked on it (I clicked on CLEAR THIS LIST and not on DELETE THIS LIST) and all leads in this list (list of id 200) is removed from this list.
Now, I need again to gather these leads which has status DROP and TIMEOUT, I repeated the above steps (1 and 2), but nothing is existed in List ID 200.
I checked the leads in the other lists which has status DROP and TIMEOUT, still it is existed.

So my question: how I can gather them again?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:31 pm

If you "gathered" and then "deleted", they are gone. I'm not sure how you believe that they are still in the old lists. But there may have been other criteria based on the method of gathering, and some may have been left behind. If so, the ones you left behind will NOT be gathered by using the same method (which leaves the same leads behind it left behind before).

Run Now trigger? In what interface? On what page?
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:17 pm

If you "gathered" and then "deleted", they are gone. I'm not sure how you believe that they are still in the old lists.

Do you mean they are removed from old lists and inserted into the drop list?
There are no possibility to return them at all?
I will tell you why I believe that they are existed in the original lists, because I noticed that it inserted these leads (the phone number and the lead information) with new lead_id that differs than the lead_id in the original lists. Actually, I did search on the phone number and I was finding its related lead in the original lists and I was able to see its calls, and the lead_id for the phone number in the original lists is different than the lead_id in the drop list.

Also, in the drop list, when I was navigating the lead information, I did not find the historical calls, even they are added in the drop list with status NEW, so this let me believe that they are still existed in the original lists.

But there may have been other criteria based on the method of gathering, and some may have been left behind.

Actually they have DROP status, so why they are not gathered?
Also in the Drop Lists configuration, I selected all the InGroup and Duplicate Check is None. So why not to gather them?

Run Now trigger? In what interface? On what page?

In Drop Lists page, there is option is called Run Now Trigger (Yes/No) and its help is saying the following:

Run Now Trigger [X]
This option offers a way to test this drop list process before setting it to active. It can take up to one minute for the process to start running after submitting this page with this field set to Y. Default is N.

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:30 pm

Do you mean they are removed from old lists and inserted into the drop list?
There are no possibility to return them at all?

You still operate under the assumption that "lists" are a container. Lists are just an ID field one each lead. Changing that ID field "moves" the lead into the other list. In other words, they aren't 'moved' at all, just a single value is changed.

So when you delete a lead, you have DELETED a lead. No copies were made.

Actually they have DROP status, so why they are not gathered?

Depends entirely on how you "gathered" them. On what page of the Vicidial GUI did you do this (Provide a URL, not a name or description, but remove your IP/domain from the URL)? and what settings did you use on that page? Or was it outside Vicidial?

For instance:

Gather Minutes -If set to a number greater than 0, the process will look back this number of minutes from the run time to gather the drop call data. Default is 0 for disabled.
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:02 am

Depends entirely on how you "gathered" them. On what page of the Vicidial GUI did you do this (Provide a URL, not a name or description, but remove your IP/domain from the URL)? and what settings did you use on that page? Or was it outside Vicidial?

Of course within vicidial, the URL is:
https://ip_address:port/vicidial/admin.php?ADD=130 --> This when clicking on Drop Lists from Lists option.
ttps://ip_address:port/vicidial/admin.p ... &dl_id=200 --> This when click on certain drop list (which I configured its Drop List ID to be 200).

Actually I started think about Gather Minutes: how the behavior will be when Gather Minutes is 0?

I will tell you what I noticed today:
Yesterday I kept the drop list active and inside it I was putting the Run Times as following and for all the days in the week:

So, I discovered that list id 200 is containing today 10 leads, so it seems the drop calls for today.

That is why I am asking: if Gather Minutes is 0, then how it will work?

From the other side: if I need to have list that contains only Today drop calls (I do not need to see the very old drop calls), and of course I do not need to delete the very old drop calls, so how I can get this?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:33 am

Gather Minutes -If set to a number greater than 0, the process will look back this number of minutes from the run time to gather the drop call data. Default is 0 for disabled.
williamconley

Postby bghayad » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:25 pm

Hello William;

I can confirm you that the leads that are placed in the drop down list that are resulted from running the Drop List process, it is not effecting on the leads in the original list. And if I did clear in the drop list, the leads are staying in the original list.

But now I have the following point:

How I can let the incoming calls not to be effecting the leads in the Drop List? In other words: I need new incoming calls to be under the lead that is in the original List (which was used to extract the drop leads from it).
Or to explain it better: I need when there is incoming call, not to look into the drop list to see if the lead existed or not, how?

In the outbound dial, I can configure in the campaign the manual dial list ID and it will be the default list for outbound.

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:13 pm

Inbound call "link to this possible group of leads" is controlled by the DID setting In-Group Call Handle Method. That's where you give permission for "check against these leads, but not others".
williamconley

Return to Support