ViciDiail Installation on Hetzner Cloud Server

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

ViciDiail Installation on Hetzner Cloud Server

Postby Faizankhan1995 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:13 am

I have used
ViciBox_v8_1.x86_64-8.1.2.iso
to install vicibox on cloud server. I have skipped the steps to assign static ip to server as it already has static Ip.
When I run vicibox-express command to install vicidDial prompts:

Code: Select all
Local Ip Address was not found! Please enter IP address to use for ViciDial on this machine.
Local Ip Address: ....?

After i provide same ip as server, installation begins but fails immediately saying

Failed to enalble Maria DB: 256 /usr/src/......./vicibox-install.pl line 241.

Any Help on fixing the problem is appreciated.

Regards.
Faizankhan1995

Re: ViciDiail Installation on Hetzner Cloud Server

Postby frequency » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:55 pm

try using vicibox-install --debug
frequency

Postby Faizankhan1995 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:51 am

Still facing the same error. What are the steps to enable Maria DB ? Can it be because of permission issues on hosted server ?

Updated to revision 3121.
Skipped '>> /var/log/vicibox.log 2>> /var/log/vicibox.log'
Summary of updates:
  Updated '/usr/src/astguiclient/trunk' to r3121.
Summary of conflicts:
  Skipped paths: 1
Local SVN Revision after update : 3121
Doing general DataBase requirements...
Failed to enable MariaDB: 256 at /usr/local/bin/vicibox-install line 241, <STDIN   
> line 14.
Faizankhan1995

Postby Faizankhan1995 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:06 am

The installation fails because mysql service is not enabled. Mysql is not running, i get below error when executing mysql command.

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock' (2 "No such file or directory")

mysql.sock file is missing. Any reason due to which this file doesn't exists any solution fix issue ?

Regards.
Faizankhan1995

Postby williamconley » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:29 pm

Sounds like your installation media is bad OR your installation media is not "fully loaded". Is this (by any chance) a remote installation where you have to "load the CD from local media" over the internet? Quite often that process begins even though the entire CD has not yet uploaded and then when the installation needs code from the unloaded area ... and failure occurs.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby Faizankhan1995 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:22 am

Yes this is a remote installation on Cloud Server. I have provided link to .iso to cloud provider and now i have option to mount it. I faced this error previously and after a lot of retries and restarts somehow it worked. So i don't think that this is the problem with installation media, but i'll try doing it again.
Faizankhan1995

Postby williamconley » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:16 am

Faizankhan1995 wrote:Yes this is a remote installation on Cloud Server. I have provided link to .iso to cloud provider and now i have option to mount it. I faced this error previously and after a lot of retries and restarts somehow it worked. So i don't think that this is the problem with installation media, but i'll try doing it again.

That actually sounds a lot like it IS a problem with the installation media. There should be a time during which it is "attaching" the media after you tell it to do so. Give it PLENTY of time. Go get dinner. That "loading of the media" is notorious for not completing before the installation on many remote keyboard/video systems. Sometimes it's because of shared bandwidth taking a long time, sometimes it's because they have "choked" the bandwidth on the remote access pathway, and sometimes it's just because your bandwidth sucks. But the worst ones are "by design" that they expect a tiny "internet installation" .iso installer to use almost no bandwidth on the remote access side and to instead load everything over the internet on the regular public IP.
williamconley

Postby Faizankhan1995 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:03 pm

As you suggested i have waited for around an hour after attaching an .iso file. But still facing the same issue. Any other suggestion or possible solution ?

Regards.
Faizankhan1995

Postby williamconley » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:30 pm

Use VMware and/or VirtualBox to perform your first installation on a more accessible server (or just install it on an old pc you happen to have lying around the house, even an old celeron or PII will do). Once you see how it works there, you'll have a better idea of what should happen in a successful installation.

Or try a different colocation facility, but until you have a successful installation to allow you to recognize "good!" very easily, it can be difficult to talk you through all possible scenarios of what may go wrong. It's not rocket science but there are so many variables that a catch-all tutorial/troubleshooting guide is not really viable.

For practice installs, we like vSphere. Beautiful package (and free if you avoid the upsell which is pretty advanced, lol).
williamconley

Postby Faizankhan1995 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:41 pm

I was already able to install it successfully. Before moving to cloud i installed it locally. On Cloud, I was able to successfully install once and that is working perfectly fine. Now i am facing this issue which i faced before first installation but it was fixed automatically somehow.

If you have an idea about what might be the cause of not being able to start mysql service? that might help too.
Faizankhan1995

Postby williamconley » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:00 pm

Faizankhan1995 wrote:I was already able to install it successfully. Before moving to cloud i installed it locally. On Cloud, I was able to successfully install once and that is working perfectly fine. Now i am facing this issue which i faced before first installation but it was fixed automatically somehow.

If you have an idea about what might be the cause of not being able to start mysql service? that might help too.

when mysql attempts to start there are both system and mysql logs that should tell you why it failed. system logs and how to access them differ from OS to OS (and version to version), however "service mysql status" is usually helpful in this endeavor. the my.cnf file determines the mysql log.
williamconley

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo