How to login agent without vicidial interface

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

How to login agent without vicidial interface

Postby pokiboum » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:26 am

Hi everyone,

I would like to manage my agents using a program i'm writting, so i looked id AGENT-API and NON-AGENT API and i found lot of interesting function but i did not find a way to LOG IN an user.
Can i log in someone without vicidial gui ?

If someone have an idea let me know (with api or database request)

Thanks you for your help !
pokiboum

Re: How to login agent without vicidial interface

Postby williamconley » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:09 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) For the agents to have the ability to store information in the Vicidial Agent Interface, they must log in. If you want to avoid the Vicidial Agent Interface, you can use the Remote Agent system, but then you must perform all the database reads and writes on your own. If you want to use the Vicidial Agent API, you MUST use the Vicidial Agent Interface ... and the agent MUST log in (however, you could hide the interface ... I just think that's a waste of time, personally, since at that point you're building your own and should just use the remote agent system instead). The only TRUE drawback of the remote agent system is that the logout takes much longer than it does for the actual agent interface logout (which is instantaneous!).

4) The usual method of managing this is to use the Script tab to run your php programming and have the agent-api controlled from a php script running in the script tab. This allows for the agent to manually control everything in case of failure of your script and has the HUGE added benefit of not requiring any change to the Vicidial code ... thus keeping it Upgrade Safe. Even if you don't think that's a big deal now, you should ask some of the guys who modified the Vicidial 2.0.5 interface and are now "stuck" with it because it's too expensive and/or time-consuming to re-integrate with the newer version of the agent interface. 8-) The Vicidial Campaign can be set to automatically pull up the Script tab on every call, so no agent action is needed (but they still have the hangup and transfer buttons available in case of Need). We've also hidden most of those buttons for a few clients, once they got their agent-api's squared away ... but they usually leave the hangup customer button for "just in case", since that clears the entire agent session nicely.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support