[REPORT] vicibox-ssl not in /usr/bin

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

[REPORT] vicibox-ssl not in /usr/bin

Postby covarrubiasgg » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:28 pm

Hey guys have a great start of the week.

This weekend I started testing Vicibox 10, I have been super busy since last year, so i didn't had the time until now.

I only have found two issues with Vicibox 10 so far. I knew Certbot is the devil and no longer exists on Vicibox 10 and that it was replaced by acme.sh and even more, that Kumba has created a script to to set it up called vicibox-ssl

But could´t find vicibox-ssl anywhere. Usually I just type vici[TAB] to autocomplete and find all vicibox scripts, but it wasn't listed.

So i had to find it

Code: Select all
subject-zero:/ # find / -name "*vicibox-ssl*"
./var/cache/zypp/packages/openSUSE-Leap-15.3-ViciDial-ViciBox/noarch/vicibox-ssl-1.0-lp153.14.1.noarch.rpm
./usr/share/vicibox-ssl
./usr/share/vicibox-ssl/vicibox-ssl

So there it is: /usr/share/vicibox-ssl/vicibox-ssl

I just ran it and it worked like a charm. Also i loved to find out vicibox-ssl is a package

You dont need to create a symlink to get the script on $PATH, since once installed all the renewalls will be done by a copy of the acme.sh that runs from /root/.acme.sh/acme.sh

The other error was the VB-firewall script, but there is other post about it.
covarrubiasgg

Re: [REPORT] vicibox-ssl not in /usr/bin

Postby Kumba » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:23 pm

The symlink was added in a later package revision when I finally flushed all of that out. It should have been there. I'll have to install ViciBox 10 and check.

And yeah, Most of the ViciBox stuff has been moved to packages. vicibox-ssl, vicibox-firewall, vicibox-install, and vicibox-dynportal. This lets me do updates and makes it easier on everyone without the laundry list bugfix thread or the multiple ISO releases. There's still some secret sauce in the ISO as far as tuning the base OS that doesn't really fit into a package but the big moving pieces are packages now.
Kumba

Postby covarrubiasgg » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:37 pm

man, You are the best :D

Its amazing how much Vicibox has grow since the Ubuntu Version which was awful xD
covarrubiasgg

Postby williamconley » Sun May 29, 2022 3:18 pm

covarrubiasgg wrote:man, You are the best :D

Its amazing how much Vicibox has grow since the Ubuntu Version which was awful xD

Hey! I liked the Ubuntu version. Besides the fact that (at the time) it was brilliant and combated Goautodial's installer without the "hide the vicidial" concept (stock Vicidial install), Ubuntu is a powerful system. It's just that Ubuntu proved to change too often and didn't have a decent system for building an .iso installer easily.

But being able to run Vicidial direct from the CD ... that was freakin' cool.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby carpenox » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:03 am

Or you can just follow my install intructions for ubuntu

https://dialer.one/how-to-scratch-insta ... on-ubuntu/
Alma Linux 9.3 | Version: 2.14-911a | SVN Version: 3815 | DB Schema Version: 1710 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo