Reinstall and more memory questions

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Reinstall and more memory questions

Postby bilmar » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:00 pm

Couple of install questions:

1. Does vicibox-express script perform a full clean out and reinstall/fix everything or do I need to do more to repair a bad install - what would that be?

2. If I add more memory to the box , do I need to edit config in any way - mysql perhaps?

Thanks

Bill
bilmar

Re: Reinstall and more memory questions

Postby williamconley » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:54 pm

1) Short answer: Yes. Longer answer: Do NOT use express install. Use standard. It asks some basic questions. Standard is thoroughly tested at all times. Express is ... not always up to date, unless you use 7.0.4 instead of 8.1.2 (ie: older one was probably fixed, the newer one may not be ready yet). More importantly: If you answer those few questions, you will see much more of what is going on and be more comfortable with your installation.

2) Install several times. Seriously. It's free. Don't just do it once. Go in with the full expectation of installing six or seven times. Screw it up. Take chances. Learn. You'll dramatically improve your understanding and the "magic" will go away.

3) Memory changes require NO changes to the system. None. Diddley. Same with faster CPUs or increased core count. That's part of the OS layer, and even the OS doesn't require any changes for "I have more/faster/better stuff!" New hard drives have to be configured, though, as do new network ports.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo