How to change Boot Parameters

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

How to change Boot Parameters

Postby wjohnson133 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:36 am

I am trying to install Vicibox on a HP Proliant DL380 G5 with a RAID hard drive that uses a CCISS driver that is very old. I was able to install CENTOS 7 on it by changing the boot parameters hpsa.hpsa_simple_mode=1 hpsa.hpsa_allow_any=1

I was wondering if anybody could explain how I could customize the install parameters to include this so as to get the installation to see my hard drive?
Architecture: x86_64 CPU(s): 2 CPU family: 15 Model: 6
Model name: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
Linux version 4.1.39-56-default (geeko@buildhost) (gcc version 4.8.5 (SUSE Linux) )
VICIDIAL VERSION: 2.14-831a BUILD: 211012-0934
wjohnson133

Re: How to change Boot Parameters

Postby williamconley » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:06 pm

RAID often has a "boot HD" configuration setting. That HD is the only one that can provide boot sector.

But Vicibox will install boot sector information on whichever HD it perceives as "first drive", which may NOT be the HD that the RAID will expose as "boot HD". Thus you can have a boot sector in a HD that will not be available until after the boot sector has done it's job.

When you first install, use only a single HD configured by RAID which must also be the one marked as Bootable in RAID. This will ensure that the RAID and Vicidial are in agreement where the boot sector is (on that single HD). After your primary OS installation is completed, you can then add new HDs and none of the boot sector information will be moved to it, as you are merely adding a new HD and not re-installing an OS.

Alternately, you can tell Vicibox to install the boot information on the HD instead of the Master Boot Sector.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo