ViciBox v.8.0.1 Released

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Re: ViciBox v.8.0.1 Released

Postby williamconley » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:06 pm

I don't know what customizations you have, of course, but assuming a "stock" system you'll need to modify the admin->servers entry after the restore as well. And you may need to run the IP update script. Before the restore, either save the values or dump the servers table. The admin->servers entry contains values related to the server's installation, such as IP address and asterisk version. Anything in that entry that changes when you perform the restore is worth looking at to determine if it should be changed back to the value in the original 8.0.1 fresh install.

If you have upgraded the previous install so the Vicidial version matches that of the newly installed 8.0.1 Vicidial version, then the /srv/www/htdocs folder should be identical. If not, you'll need to upgrade the DB to match this new server's scripts or downgrade the scripts to match the DB.

Scripts are in /srv/www/htdocs (php) and in /usr/share/astguiclient (perl) and in the asterisk agi-bin (perl agi) and are all linked to the version of Vicidial that's running which must match the DB.

Remember: Vicidial Version is NOT Vicibox version. Vicibox is the installer and provides an environment for Vicidial which is the actual software you are running. Vicibox's job for instance, is to provide a functional MySQL engine and Web server. Vicidial, on the other hand, consists of all the scripts and database entries that make those software packages become a Call Center Dialer Suite instead of a just an OpenSuSE server.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby Kumba » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:14 pm

NTP won't sync if your time is way off. How much 'way off' is I am not sure, but I have ran into that before. Usually it's more then a couple days. If I had to guess it's some sort of a numerical limitation of whatever pointer they are using in NTP to adjust the time with. In other words if the integer in the software can only adjust up to 65535 seconds, then anything longer then that won't be adjustable cause the software can't store the value it needs to adjust the clock by.

But I digress. Here is how you can manually set the time from the CLI, assuming you set your timezone correctly during os-install:

1) service ntpd stop
2) ntpdate pool.ntp.org
3) service ntpd start

Now if you wait a little bit and then check NTP status with ntpq, you should see that your server is sync'ing up.

Secondly the only thing you should by restoring is your mysqldump (or mydumper) files into the database and reinstalling the SVN version you had on your old server. The ViciBox 'restore' function is not meant for restoring databases, only dialers and web servers. I would recommend you install the server like it is a brand new servers that way the installer puts everything where it should, and then load the database back in. If you only have one server then you can just type 'vicibox-express' after installing the OS and it will configure everything for you. After that just re-import your old database and either downgrade the locally installed SVN version or upgrade your database to the new SVN version.

The only other customization you might have in a normal ViciBox install would be custom crontab entries for things like transferring recordings to an FTP server. If you had really customized stuff then I hope you are doing this restoration on a new server so you can always refer to the old one in a pinch.
Kumba

Postby macaruchi » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:37 pm

What is it the procedure to upgrade from 7.0.4 to 8.0.1.
I did a datbase dump from 7.0.4 and tried to use this DB with 8.0.1 but doesnt work. The vicidial admin had options missed
Any cluees?
*------------------
ViciBox 7.0.4 | Version:2.14-704a | SVN Version: 3078| DB Schema Version:1566| BUILD: 190312-0928 | 2 Processors 8 Core | 32 GB Ram | 1 Tera HD
macaruchi

Postby williamconley » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:19 pm

macaruchi wrote:What is it the procedure to upgrade from 7.0.4 to 8.0.1.
I did a datbase dump from 7.0.4 and tried to use this DB with 8.0.1 but doesnt work. The vicidial admin had options missed
Any cluees?

1) 7.0.4 and 8.0.1 are 'Vicibox Installer" versions. You forgot to post the Vicidial Versions.

2) The Vicidial Versions are important because if they don't match, your Database and Vicidial scripts will not cooperate with each other. They must match.

3) You can either upgrade the DB to match the new server, or you can reinstall the vicidial scripts to match the Database (or you can just copy them all from the original server). A popular method (mentioned by Kumba in the previous post) is to force the svn revision level to the same as the previous server, and then re-install vicidial from the svn trunk folder. You'll also need to update the values in admin->server for the server in question since that will have been brought from the old server but is wrong for this one. And you may need to run the ip update script if this server has a different IP.
williamconley

Postby macaruchi » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:15 pm

OK, Sorry
This is my version
Code: Select all
ViciBox 7.0.3 | OpenSuse 42.1Leap | VERSION: 2.12-565a | BUILD: 160827-0917
8GB Ram | Intel Xeon 2.5Ghz | 8 core

My problem is :
I did a dump from my server , just databse, and restore this dump in other server with ViciBox8.0.1 installed , I changed the DB but ViciDial doesnt work.
I run the upgrade_2.14.sql script but I get the same

I wanna know how determine if DB and vicidial match and what to do if not.

I dont want to upgrade my production server because I dont sure about it works because the DB problem so I am trying to do a fresh install , in another server, so i restore a dump from my DB to test but didnt work
*------------------
ViciBox 7.0.4 | Version:2.14-704a | SVN Version: 3078| DB Schema Version:1566| BUILD: 190312-0928 | 2 Processors 8 Core | 32 GB Ram | 1 Tera HD
macaruchi

Postby myaddressis » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:23 am

Just posting my experience with the install this morning. Adding a new server as a replacement to an older one in an existing cluster.

--- ViciBox v.8.0 Install Summary ---

Expert : Yes
Legacy : Yes
Database : No
Web : Yes
Redirect : Yes
PMA : No
Telephony: Yes
First Srv: No
Have Arch: No
Archive : No
Firewall : Enabled

--- Configuration Information ---
- Database -
SVN Rev : 2829
IP Addr : 1**.***.***.***
Name : asterisk
User : *******
Password : ************
Cust User: custom
Cust Pass: custom1234
Port : 3306

Please verify the above information before continuing!
Do you want to continue the installation? [y/N] : y

Beginning installation, expect lots of output...

Opening firewall ports...
Local SVN revision matches DB revision: 2829
Configuring Web Server...
Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/httpd.service to /usr/lib/systemd/system/apache2.service.
Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/apache.service to /usr/lib/systemd/system/apache2.service.
Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/apache2.service to /usr/lib/systemd/system/apache2.service.
Configuring Telephony Server...
Telephony server already exists! Server was previously installed.
dial301:~ # asterisk -rv
Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?)
dial301:~ # chkconfig vicidial
vicidial off
dial301:~ # chkconfig vicidial on

Did the reboot.

dial301:~ # chkconfig asterisk on
Synchronizing state of asterisk.service with SysV init with /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install...
Executing /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable asterisk
Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/basic.target.wants/asterisk.service to /usr/lib/systemd/system/asterisk.service.
dial301:~ # service asterisk start

Asterisk starts.

Crontab is empty however, so some manual work to do I guess.
Vicibox 7.0.4 from .iso | Vicidial 2.14-597a Build 170304-1355 | Asterisk 11.25.1-vici | Multi-Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit | Xeon(R) CPU E5-2609
myaddressis

Postby macaruchi » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:25 am

What about the database ? Works ?
*------------------
macaruchi

Postby myaddressis » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:57 am

macaruchi wrote:What about the database ? Works ?

Database on a separate server and works, upgraded schema via svn. Eventually copied the www files from the trunk on the offending server.
Vicibox 7.0.4 from .iso | Vicidial 2.14-597a Build 170304-1355 | Asterisk 11.25.1-vici | Multi-Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit | Xeon(R) CPU E5-2609
myaddressis

Postby williamconley » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:43 am

myaddressis wrote:Just posting my experience with the install this morning. Adding a new server as a replacement to an older one in an existing cluster.

Synchronizing state of asterisk.service with SysV init with /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install...
Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/basic.target.wants/asterisk.service to /usr/lib/systemd/system/asterisk.service.

Asterisk starts.

1) This was not the first installation of that server. The system may have assumed that cron and other functions were already done.
2) You were using an "install" instead of a "restore" when this server already existed. There is a restore system that is designed for NONdb servers ... have a look at that.
3) Asterisk does NOT start as a service, historically (unless Vicibox 8 changes this). The vicidial service is expected to start asterisk in a screen. This is also managed via cron (to fire up asterisk if it crashes, for instance). If asterisk is not running in that screen, it's not running properly.
4) Perhaps install with a different IP (temporarily) and change it to the original IP after the installation so the proper software and cron entries are made? Or delete the original server entries so they can be made again during installation. (Or use the restore feature Kumba built).
williamconley

Postby macaruchi » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:11 pm

My actual server version
SVN Version: 2592
DB Version: 1468

I did a fresh instalation with ViciBox8.0.1 and this is the version that I have
SVN Version: 2840
DB Version: 1522

In this server I just want to use my old databse from the actual server. I dump my old datbase , restore this DB into the new server, 2840, run the script upgrade_2.14.sql, but now I get "WARNING: Code expects different schema: 1522" ,
How can I up my DB to the schema 1522?

Vicidial get the error "Object Not Found" when select Administration option
*------------------
macaruchi

Postby williamconley » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:44 pm

Vicidial version is in the bottom right corner of almost all admin screens.

If the Admin pages are not available (because you can't log in):
Code: Select all
grep "build = '" /srv/www/htdocs/vicidial/admin.php -n -R
grep "admin_version = '" /srv/www/htdocs/vicidial/admin.php -n -R

This version is the most important piece of information when requesting support on this forum. SVN version may or may not be the same as the live code.

That version must match on all servers in the cluster. If it does not, we can discuss how to alter the Live code using SVN to acquire the code and the perl installer to make that new code "live".
williamconley

Postby Kumba » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:41 pm

You should have used the --restore option. AKA run 'vicibox-install --restore'. That is what that option is for.

From the --help output:
[--restore] = Restore server from a ViciBox DB entry or user-provided input

myaddressis wrote:Just posting my experience with the install this morning. Adding a new server as a replacement to an older one in an existing cluster.

--- ViciBox v.8.0 Install Summary ---

Expert : Yes
Legacy : Yes
Database : No
Web : Yes
Redirect : Yes
PMA : No
Telephony: Yes
First Srv: No
Have Arch: No
Archive : No
Firewall : Enabled

--- Configuration Information ---
- Database -
SVN Rev : 2829
IP Addr : 1**.***.***.***
Name : asterisk
User : *******
Password : ************
Cust User: custom
Cust Pass: custom1234
Port : 3306

Please verify the above information before continuing!
Do you want to continue the installation? [y/N] : y

Beginning installation, expect lots of output...

Opening firewall ports...
Local SVN revision matches DB revision: 2829
Configuring Web Server...
Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/httpd.service to /usr/lib/systemd/system/apache2.service.
Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/apache.service to /usr/lib/systemd/system/apache2.service.
Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/apache2.service to /usr/lib/systemd/system/apache2.service.
dial301:~ # chkconfig vicidial
vicidial off
dial301:~ # chkconfig vicidial on

Did the reboot.

Asterisk starts.

Kumba

Postby vkad » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:33 am

How can we upgrade the current vicibox in 8.0.1 to Asterisk v.13.12.2-vici?

Does this mean we can use opus codec too?
Vicibox 8.0.1 (Asterisk 13.21.0-vici) + Remote WebRTC Agents
Version: 2.14b0.5 | SVN: 2990 | DB Version: 1548
1 x DB + Web + Dialer - E3 1270 v6 + 16gb ddr4 + 256gb SSD
2 x Additional Dialer - E3 1270 v6 + 8gb ddr4 + 256gb SSD
vkad

Postby williamconley » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:30 am

vkad wrote:How can we upgrade the current vicibox in 8.0.1 to Asterisk v.13.12.2-vici?

Does this mean we can use opus codec too?

Upgrading asterisk is easy. But the Vicidial code will not yet support it. You can try, of course, but any changes to how asterisk configuration files are written and the asterisk commands are issued will, of course, not match the Vicidial code.

You could sponsor the upgrade with The Vicidial Group (owners of Vicidial) or another company. But it would be more prudent to wait for the core to be upgraded, it will merely require patience.
williamconley

Postby vkad » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:05 pm

Is there any time guideline for when vicidial is looking to support the Asterisk v.13.12.2-vici? If I was to support the development, how much am I looking at, I will be willing to contribute $5k (don't know if that would be enough)? Maybe someone else would like to pool this with me?
vkad

Postby williamconley » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:16 pm

vkad wrote:Is there any time guideline for when vicidial is looking to support the Asterisk v.13.12.2-vici? If I was to support the development, how much am I looking at, I will be willing to contribute $5k (don't know if that would be enough)? Maybe someone else would like to pool this with me?

For that you would contact The Vicidial Group directly. While other companies (like PoundTeam!) can provide the support, no one else can actually guarantee it being included into the core.

Companies like PoundTeam can, of course, submit code to the Vicidial Tracker and ask that it be included. The Vicidial Group is very good about accepting useful code.
williamconley

Postby Kumba » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:54 am

Asterisk 13 support is more of less there already in the current SVN trunk and an Asterisk 13 package already exists. We've been doing some testing to make sure everything works as expected.

vkad wrote:Is there any time guideline for when vicidial is looking to support the Asterisk v.13.12.2-vici? If I was to support the development, how much am I looking at, I will be willing to contribute $5k (don't know if that would be enough)? Maybe someone else would like to pool this with me?
Kumba

Postby vkad » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:58 am

Kumba wrote:Asterisk 13 support is more of less there already in the current SVN trunk and an Asterisk 13 package already exists. We've been doing some testing to make sure everything works as expected.

Any Idea where can I get the current asterisk 13 package for vici.
vkad

Postby mflorell » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:21 am

Outside of the package included with vicibox 8, you can download the source code here:
http://download.vicidial.com/beta-apps/ ... ici.tar.gz
mflorell
Site Admin

Previous

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo