which version of vicibox for production?

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

which version of vicibox for production?

Postby webxorro » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:26 am

Greetings.

Recommend to install that version vicibox for production? and I tried the version 7.0.3 but I had many problems when installing.

Thank you
webxorro

Re: which version of vicibox for production?

Postby williamconley » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:41 pm

7.0.3 is the most stable version. I will say that sometimes it is best to SKIP the "zypper refresh" and "zypper up" step and instead whitelist lock your server (no need for security updates if no one but you has access to your server).

Whitelist lockdown instructions are available at http://viciwiki.com/index.php/DGG which also includes Dynamic Good Guys which installs an easy to use Authorized IP addition page as well as a "let me into my server from Starbucks temporarily" page. If you skip DGG installation, however, the instructions for a pure whitelist precede the DGG installation procedure and you can either go back and install DGG at your leisure or never at all if you don't need either of those functions.

Alternately, Vicibox 6.0.4 and Vicibox 5.0.3 are both still quite serviceable and will provide you with virtually indentical installations ... but with older versions of Asterisk (which does not have any effect on how Vicidial runs at present). In the future, there may be an upgrade with a Web Phone for Vicidial that will likely require Vicibox 7.0 or above, but there has not yet been an announcement confirming this (and there will likely never be an actual requirement for a later version, just the lack of being able to use the Free Web Phone).

To access the earlier versions of Vicibox, delete the filename from the link to download Vicibox 7.0.3 and you will find an archive folder with prior versions available.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo