goautodail v3.3 help

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

goautodail v3.3 help

Postby shani5g » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:19 am

Hi everyone
We have installed goautodail on VMware workstation 10.its working fine on network adapter NAT but that can be accessed only on the pc on which that is installed.but when we change network adapter to bridged i cant be accessed anywhere.can any one please help me in solving the issue.
shani5g

Re: goautodail v3.3 help

Postby Kumba » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:11 pm

How to fix:

1) Post in goautodial forum, not vicibox
2) Use dedicated hardware
3) Install ViciBox
Kumba

Re: goautodail v3.3 help

Postby williamconley » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:20 pm

shani5g wrote:Hi everyone
We have installed goautodail on VMware workstation 10.its working fine on network adapter NAT but that can be accessed only on the pc on which that is installed.but when we change network adapter to bridged i cant be accessed anywhere.can any one please help me in solving the issue.

This is a problem with your use of VMware. There are several points on this topic:
1) As Kumba says: DON'T use goautodial, use Vicibox (or post in the goautodial board instead of the vicibox board ... they are both installer .iso images for Vicidial, but they are not related to each other and instructions are not compatible). For the best experience, switch to Vicibox.com's .iso installer. Trust me. 8-)
2) VMware installations are ONLY suitable for testing/proof-of-concept/development or for a SINGLE agent with 1 or 2 phone calls. You'll not be able to power it above that level, it'll go haywire. This also applies to vSphere and Proxmox and any other form of Virtualization.
3) Your question would be much better asked in a VMware forum (or a VMware google search). This issue is not in any way related to the Vicidial/Goautodial/Vicibox installation system. It's a question regarding how to provision a virtual computer in a proprietary virtualization scheme. This would also apply for "where do I get a router?" LOL (Pretty much the same thing ...)
4) I highly recommend you switch to vSphere if you can. It's a much better experience than VMware, but by the same company. Free version is available. But still ONLY for development purposes. Vicidial REQUIRES hardware installation for the final production server.

In the end, I'd be very surprised if you could not find a Youtube video showing specifically how to provision a VMware server for full external access on your Windows computer. Try this: http://bfy.tw/6n7i
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo