ViciBox v.7.0.0 lead loader fix, update for correct PERL version
1) mkdir -p /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.18.2/Crypt/
2) ln -s /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.18.2/Crypt/RC4.pm /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.18.2/Crypt/RC4.pm
ViciBox v.7.0.0 telephony script fix, was not set executable during build, resulted in ramdrive not being created plus other minor things. This only needs to be ran on telephony servers. It has no affect on web or database servers.
1) chmod 755 /usr/src/astguiclient/conf/vicibox-tel.sh
ViciBox v.7.0.1 and under has a quasi-bug with MariaDB v.10. The issue is that sometimes during an unclean shutdown the temporary files created by the database will not be removed causing an issue when the database goes to recreate them. This is not related to the tmpdir to temporary tables, but an internal mechanism by which MySQL writes an old table out to a new file and then swaps the table contents. This primarily happens when an optimize is ran on the tables or when the table rebuilds itself after every 1000 update/delete queries. The fix is to upgrade to MariaDB 10.1.6 or better.
Instructions for installing MariaDB 10.1.6+.
1) zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositori ... abase.repo
2) zypper refresh (When prompted about the added repository, press 'a' and hit enter to always trust this repo)
3) service mysql stop
4) zypper dup
5) Delete any TMM files that you can find in the mysql directories in order to give it a good fresh start
7) service mysql start
ViciBox v.7 comes with Asterisk 11 by default as noted in both the install manual and the ViciBox website. For those who have a ViciDial installation that is too old to support Asterisk 11 and do not want to upgrade, these instructions will allow you to downgrade to Asterisk v.1.8 for compatibility. This is not a bug with ViciBox as much as it is a cluster that is just old. If your SVN revision is older then 2347 you will need to run these instructions to install Asterisk v.1.8 or upgrade ViciDial to a newer SVN revision.
Downgrade Asterisk to v.1.8 for ViciDial SVN revision 2347 and under:
1) zypper rr 3 (use 'zypper lr' to see which repo is home:vicidial:asterisk-11_Leap_42.1)
2) zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositori ... k-1_8.repo
3) zypper ref
4) zypper in --force asterisk asterisk-dahdi asterisk-snmp
5) zypper dup (if asked about wanrouter/libosptk file conflicts, just say 'yes')
6) cd /etc/asterisk
7) * SEE OPTIONAL INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
* If you have already installed the dialer and added it to a cluster before noticing that your version of ViciDial does not support Asterisk v.11, run these additional instructions before rebooting.
1) cd /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk
2) perl install.pl --copy_sample_conf_files --no-prompt --asterisk_version=1.8
Finally, you will need to change the Asterisk Version under Admin --> Servers for that particular dialer to '18.104.22.168-vici' and tell it to rebuild it's conf files. You will also need to double check that the asterisk version in /etc/astguiclient.conf is set to '1.8' instead of '11'. That will complete the downgrade.
ViciBox v.7.0.2 and earlier does not properly set the 'server-id' directive in my.cnf for a slave server. You will need to set this manually in the file /etc/my.cnf. The first slave server should have a server-id of '2', the second should be '3', and so on. You can edit the file by doing the following:
1) sed -i 's/server-id=1/server-id=X' /etc/my.cnf (replace the 'X' with the correct server ID to use)
2) service mysql restart
ViciBox v.7.0.2 and earlier have some old PERL packages that didn't exist in the official repositories and were built in home:vicidial repository instead. These packages have since become available from official repositories and were recently removed from the home:vicidial repo. It is recommended to update to the packages from the official repositories. You can do that by running the following:
1) zypper ref
2) zypper dup
You might get a notice about files changing vendor, or resolving conflicts. This is normal and you should allow the installer to continue.
ViciBox v.7.0.3 and under has an issue with the init script and starting Wanpipe. The issue is that it does not properly find the configuration files that trigger it to load. You will
need to patch the /etc/init.d/vicidial init script to make these changes. If you are not using Sangoma Wanpipe for T1/PRI then you do not need to apply this patch.
1) cd /root
2) wget http://download.vicidial.com/patches/vi ... init.patch
3) patch /etc/init.d/vicidial < vicibox7-init.patch
ViciBox v.7.0.3 and under has an issue with the permission for the recordings directory of a dialer not allowing apache to access those recordings. This results in a 403 error when clicking on recording links. Below is the fix for this. Simply need to fix the permissions on one of the directories to fix.
1) chmod 755 /var/spool/asterisk
ViciBox v.7.0.4 and under is eligible for a package update for OpenSSH when doing 'zypper dup'. The new security feature disables remote root logins in some instances. You need to re-enable those if you want them. You can do so by issuing the following commands.
1) sed -i 's/#PermitRootLogin prohibit-password/PermitRootLogin yes/' /etc/ssh/sshd_config
2) passwd (You'll need to set the root password again on some systems)
3) service sshd restart
ViciBox v.7.0.4 and under may have an issue during 'zypper dup' that results in the DAHDI kernel driver being uninstalled. This is due to the security update of the OpenSSH package. When OpenSSH updates it resets all SSH connections which results in all currently logged in SSH users being disconnected. If you are doing the zypper updates through an SSH connection, and zypper is also upgrading the DAHDI packages, then there is a chance that it will uninstall the old DAHDI kernel and lose connection before it gets a chance to install the new package. There are currently two solutions if you are affected by this issue:
Solution 1 - Run 'zypper dup' in a screen session so that it won't be interrupted during the OpenSSH upgrade
Solution 2 - Manually install the DAHDI kernel driver by running the following command: zypper in dahdi-linux-kmp-default