[Solved] How do I setup a remote console login from the svr?

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

[Solved] How do I setup a remote console login from the svr?

Postby computergroove » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:27 pm

I need to maintain a vicidial server from another location and I could really use a telnet or remote access application for remoting into the servers console. What can I install and what are the console commands to install an application like this? Also how do I configure a user name and password for the program?
Last edited by computergroove on Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
computergroove

Postby ramindia » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:29 pm

Hi

SSH is the program you can use to login to remoter computer

if you are looking secure Private use VPN access.

you use VNC for remote control

ram
Kindly post your feedback, if this solution works.
so its very usefull for others who join later as a NEWBIE.
ramindia

Postby computergroove » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:59 pm

I am going to use openssh but I cant get to a point where I can start installing it. Where do I go to get to a console that gives me access to the directory structure?
computergroove

Postby aster1 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:50 am

I think you need to read some tutorials on ssh before you try doing this remotely . SSH comes with most of linux distributions ( in debian based type apt-get install openssh-server and in fedora yum install openssh ) . If your server is behind NAT you will also have to forward port 22 to your server so that you can connect from outside using a client like putty or winscp for file transfer .
I am available for part time support and remote installations :)
aster1

Postby computergroove » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:47 am

Got it. OpenSSH is in the vicidialnow package and doesnt need to be configured in any way. It loads during the startup sequence. I just didnt know what to look for. When you are seeing the startup modules loading, the sshd [OK] is the OpenSSH module loading. I just needed to download Putty on one of my XP machines and enter the IP address of the server and I was in. No configuration on the server end necessary.
computergroove

Postby ramindia » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:02 am

you got it

ram
Kindly post your feedback, if this solution works.
so its very usefull for others who join later as a NEWBIE.
ramindia

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial