Goautodial 3.3 Monitor/barge bug (monitor doesn't work)

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Goautodial 3.3 Monitor/barge bug (monitor doesn't work)

Postby chicagoinbound » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:04 am

Hi,

Has anyone experienced the monitor function not working with the 3.3 version? both monitor and barge works perfectly on the 2.1 version.

Any thoughts on this?

Onsite server
Single server configuration
intel i3
4gig ram
goautodial 3.3 (updated via yum)
chicagoinbound

Re: Goautodial 3.3 Monitor/barge bug (monitor doesn't work)

Postby williamconley » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:08 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) In case you didn't quite get that: While we DO have your installer with version, you left off the most important bit: Vicidial Version with Build.

4) Try using the Vicidial interface instead of the Goautodial interface and see if that works (yes, it's present, you just have to find the web pages for the unmodified Vicidial). If that still fails, you may have a configuration or conceptual issue. If that works but the goautodial page does not, then it may in fact be a goautodial bug.

5) On the other hand, had you installed with Vicibox instead of Goautodial, perhaps you wouldn't have a problem. Didja know you can install a fresh server with Vicibox and port your database into it, then upgrade the DB to match the fresh Vicidial install and *poof* you have a new system with all the new toys and all your old data. :)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby udy786 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:19 am

Hi,

Go to Admin-> Server. Modify your server and check Asterisk Version value. Make sure in this field you have same version that installed on server like 1.4.39.1-vici or 1.8.23.0.

When you will run asterisk -v, in first line you can see Asterisk version.

When I had this issue, above solution worked for me.

Thanks
Uday.
udy786

Postby williamconley » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:16 pm

udy786 wrote:Hi,

Go to Admin-> Server. Modify your server and check Asterisk Version value. Make sure in this field you have same version that installed on server like 1.4.39.1-vici or 1.8.23.0.

When you will run asterisk -v, in first line you can see Asterisk version.

When I had this issue, above solution worked for me.

Thanks
Uday.

Excellent Help! 8-) (especially if you're a goautodial user with the same version!)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial