Toll free configuration

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Toll free configuration

Postby Deepak365 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:07 am

Recently i purchased a toll free number and a DID also. That provider said that you have to purchase extensions for multiple calls. Now my doubt is what if i configure that tollfree into my inbound campaign ,wouldnt my all agents get the calls at the same time? Becuase i think provider is just trying to sell me. If i configure toll free on dialer, would my all agents get calls at the same time or not? I just want to know that for inbound with 10 agents do i have to purchase 10 extensions (i.e. around 200$/month from my provider) or i can get multiple calls after configuring it on dialer with single extension? Calls are directly picked up by agents
Deepak365

Re: Toll free configuration

Postby williamconley » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:29 pm

The provider made that up. Toll Free numbers are no different than DIDs. You should ONLY be paying for minutes used and a small monthly charge for the numbers in question. Normally a monthly fee is $1-$5 per number (toll free or not). If you have purchased an "unlimited inbound minutes" number, they may be as much as $10-$20 per month, but they will also have a limited number of calls at one time (usually one or two, max). So never purchase unlimited inbound minutes numbers.

The "extension" concept is purely fiction, they are apparently trying to sell you PBX functions to justify charging you an outrageous fee for something that has no actual cost for them. Change carriers.

That being said: If you are outside the US and there is only one carrier, you may just be screwed. LOL (sorry, but true)

When routing calls to an ingroup in Vicidial, the vicidial system ensures only one call goes to each agent at a time. Toll free is not different for inbound in Vicidial, it's still just an inbound call. Read the manual 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial