Data Migration one Vicidial to Another

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

Data Migration one Vicidial to Another

Postby macmaglaque » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:04 am

Hi Team,

I migrated all of my data in my first vicidial server to another by copying the database in /var/lib/mysql/asterisk then run update_server_ip then rebooted.

Everything went fine I was able to call and register but in the list ids, there are no leads.

Is there a script to better handle the migration of data? How can I best transfer the recordings and other customization?

Regards,
Mark

VERSION: 2.9-441a
BUILD: 140612-1628
GoAutoDial CE 3.3
CentOS release 5.10 (Final)
macmaglaque

Re: Data Migration one Vicidial to Another

Postby mattyou1985 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:35 am

yes this worked for be onley thing it dont back up is recordings

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11788

just make shore to do the upgrade Dockument to it will fix you databace scima all is noted in thread
mattyou1985

Re: Data Migration one Vicidial to Another

Postby williamconley » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:56 pm

You must be sure your Vicidial Scripts/Code match your Database Schema Version. If your new installation is newer than the Database, you can upgrade the database with the instructions in /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk/UPGRADE

You must also be sure the Asterisk version is updated in admin->servers (along with any other values that need to be changed). You may also have a few IP/domain values in admin->system settings that require some adjustment.

Depending on your restoration process, you may need to reload the asterisk ".conf" sample files (quick reinstall will offer this option during the install process) and/or you may need to alter the externip value in sip.conf
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial