How to Install VPN Server on the Goautodial

General and Support topics relating to ViciDialNow and GoAutoDial ISO installers

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, s0lid

How to Install VPN Server on the Goautodial

Postby vkjalan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:43 am

Hi,
I have installed goautodial CE 2.0 Final ISO with no additional software's and also read the managers manual. Ok here is a scenario I have a server sitting behind a firewall and a private network with no direct access to the machine through the internet. I need to setup a VPN to access the dialer from outside the network as i need to connect the agents from home.

Please suggest me a solution also any detailed page explaining how exactly to do this.

Your kind help will be highly appreciated.
vkjalan

Postby williamconley » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:29 am

If you have shut off all access to this server from the internet, this server cannot help with VPN. You'll have to use some other server or your router or allow access to this server from the internet and forget "VPN" (a virtual private network is not required to access the server from remote locations).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby vkjalan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:48 am

There is internet connection to It. But its on a private network through a gateway connected to the internet. I hope i am being able to explain.

I want VPN in order to connect my agents on to the dialer for them to dial from home. If i dont VPN the server how is it possible for the agents to loggin in to the server.

Please explain.
vkjalan

Postby williamconley » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:20 pm

since this is not actually related to goautodial or vicibox .. i responded on the other post. :)
williamconley

Postby gzpxyj » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:35 am

vkjalan wrote:There is internet connection to It. But its on a private network through a gateway connected to the internet. I hope i am being able to explain.

I want VPN in order to connect my agents on to the dialer for them to dial from home. If i dont VPN the server how is it possible for the agents to loggin in to the server.

Please explain.
My solution is to have two interface cards and a fixed public ip address. One interface card associated with fixed public IP address so agents from home can access and another interface card associated with internal local net. No VPN needed from this setup.
For VPN, you need a vpn server running in your local net and public facing so outside can reach your vpn server. google it and you could find all information to setup a vpn server/host.
gzpxyj

Re: How to Install VPN Server on the Goautodial

Postby jameshouston135 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:49 am

yeah it is not actually related to goautodial or vicibox. You Need a remote access through VPN and yeah i am totally agree with @ gzpxyj that you need to google it and you could find all information to setup a vpn server/host.
jameshouston135

Postby jenniferhudson » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:46 am

How about if connect through remote access? did it work? or you can search information on Google easily.
jenniferhudson

Postby williamconley » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:53 am

If you have a vpn router or other method to "remote in", the only requirement is a rock-solid connection. No dropped packets from the web browser to the Vicidial server for Vicidial to operate properly, and of course sound quality will also depend on the quality of the connections.

Many call centers user VPN tunnels to connect their agents to the Vicidial cluster location.
williamconley

Postby Alex_911 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:06 am

Realy, connect through the remote access
With VPN app on https://topvpnchoice.com/ you will be anonymous
Alex_911

Postby Xevo » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:27 am

williamconley wrote:If you have a vpn router or other method to "remote in", the only requirement is a rock-solid connection. No dropped packets from the web browser to the Vicidial server for Vicidial to operate properly, and of course sound quality will also depend on the quality of the connections.

Many call centers user VPN tunnels to connect their agents to the Vicidial cluster location.

Agreed! the super solid connection is the only requirement left once you have VPN router. Even now setting up a good VPN for the router is not the easy choice. Do your research first and then choose from the speedy VPN providers only as you need good speed for setting up a vpn router.
Last edited by Xevo on Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Xevo

Postby williamconley » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:02 pm

Alex_911 wrote:Realy, connect through the remote access

Really: Do NOT use VPN unless you have a good reason. Vicidial with IPTables whitelisting reduces packet hops, maintains security, and removes complex breakable configuration options.

Vicidial is not a generic website. It has very special requirements.

And don't let anyone tell you VPN is perfect. We've had (very large) clients get their VPN hacked. Hint: Both sides of the VPN tunnel STILL must be secure, just like a direct connection with iptables security. And you no longer have a 3rd party vendor (VPN) whose intentions you have to determine and whose invoice you have to pay.
williamconley

Return to ViciDialNow - GoAutoDial