Announce the waiting calls in queue

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Announce the waiting calls in queue

Postby roshisa » Thu May 21, 2009 2:45 am

Hi All,

Is this possible? Agents are logged in to some IN_GROUP. The group is setup for oldest_call_finished as a handling method for Next Agent Call. When some customer calls the call gets to the queue. My question is can the system play ringing(for a time according to the settings for hold time) to the agent that has to get the call while that agent is waiting for the next inbound call and is still paused? Can he/she be unpaused temporarily and hear the played ringing(then paused again) so that he/she is made aware that a customer is waiting on the queue?

I'm asking for this because sometimes the agents do other stuff - writing mails, reading manuals, etc. and they don't put their headsets on the heads all the time. This can lead to missed calls which is not a good thing.

I'd be very happy if this is possible.
roshisa

Postby mflorell » Thu May 21, 2009 6:45 pm

One of our clients had requested similar functionality in a quote, but has not yet given the go-ahead for the job.

We had planned on using MIDI files in the real-time screen for this since playing a sound on the actual agent station is a bit pointless if the agent is using a softphone and has their headset off.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby roshisa » Mon May 25, 2009 3:50 am

Thanks Matt,

I have another question. What is "Alert Enabled" option in the Users section of the Manager Interface? Can you explain how it works and how can I activate it? It's there but I don't know why can't I change it?
roshisa

Postby mflorell » Mon May 25, 2009 6:18 am

the Agent Alert option can be activated by the agent on the agent interface only. To activate it simply click on the Agent Alert OFF link. Once activated it will issue a Javascript Alert once a call comes in to the agent's session which in most circumstances will create a blinking status bar ont he user's computer if they are not on the browser screen.
mflorell
Site Admin

Re: Announce the waiting calls in queue

Postby areon » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:07 am

Hi all!
Matt, solution this problem has not been found?
areon

Re: Announce the waiting calls in queue

Postby mflorell » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:50 am

You can now also have the option of using on-hook agents, which will ring the agent phone when a call comes in, then they have to answer the call to take it.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Features