List loader- check for dupes only in active lists

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

List loader- check for dupes only in active lists

Postby okli » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:03 pm

We have a few big old lists, which we may use some day and I don't want to remove them for now, but at the same time I don't want when importing new leads duplicate checker to leave out leads, because they already exist in the old lists. We almost always need to use 'check for duplicates in entire system'.

Searching for 'active' in listloader_super.pl and listloader.pl gives me no result, are non-active lists used as well for the duplicate check?

How can I make it only the active lists to be used instead?
okli

Postby okli » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:51 pm

Ahh, I can temporary assign the lists in need to check for dupes in to the same campaign, which the list being imported belongs to and use CHECK FOR DUPES IN ALL CAMPAIGN LISTS.

Not very error prone, but would work for now. Luckily we do not have that many lists in the system.

Yet, it still could be an useful fourth option in list loader- CHECK IN ENTIRE SYSTEM IN ACTIVE LISTS ONLY. Anyone else interested?
okli

Postby mflorell » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:15 am

Not a bad idea, and thanks for posting your workaround.

Can you post your proposal for active-list-duplicate-checking in the issue tracker please?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby okli » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:43 pm

okli

Return to Features