vicidial + SLA

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

vicidial + SLA

Postby devafree » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:33 pm

Hello

there is a small inbound call center (4 seats) that wants the functionality of vicidial , but also the replication of a key system, with Shared Line Appearance.

Any ideas? i am so lost on how to start such a project.

Regards
devafree

Postby kolucoms6 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:43 pm

Code: Select all
 Shared Line Appearance

Plz clarify what does it mean
--------------------------------------------
USA/UK "VOIP CLI" Calling Minutes : 1 cents per minutes.
kolucoms6

Postby mflorell » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:20 am

Asterisk has a problem with SLA, The functionality is present in Asterisk 1.4, but it doesn't work 100% of the time, and does not work very well for large setups either.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby devafree » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:30 am

Hello
Thanks for the replies.

SLA - Shared Line appearance - http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+SLA

----------------------

Here is what i have done. As it is only 4 agents and lines , the SLA seems to work fine so far .
I have config SLA trunk as 4 seperate IP trunks in the II asterisk server running 1.4.21.1

The four agents have two diff phones, 1. an eyebeam for the SLA asterisk box II and x-lite registered to VICDIAL / Asterisk Server - Asterisk Box I. The agents are logged in remote agents here. No actual phones, The dial plan automatically answers the inbound when they are active and calls are made to respective trunks in Server II with a failover strategyto IP trunk 1, then 2 and so forth.

The agents can look at / edit customer data on the VICIDIAL vdremote.php, as they don' want to disposition every call.

Is there a way to pop-up webform here? How should that be done, I will be grateful for advice on this.

As it is a small setup, not slated for any scaling up beyond 6 lines / agents, I trust it will work OK. Currently, its not yet in production.

Regards

devafree
devafree

Postby devafree » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:12 pm

Hello

Soryy the above does not work. On the ip phones , for SLA it is required to , among other things, do

(a) Two line buttons must be configured to subscribe to the state of
the following extensions: - station1 line1 - station1 line2
(b) The line appearance buttons should be configured to dial the extensions
that they are subscribed to when they are pressed.

So eyebeam wll not work, I have to try it with a Cisco or polycom only

Regards

devafree
devafree

Postby williamconley » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:29 pm

I am sorry, but I am not following why this is so complex. Why the agents have two soft phones and need "shared line" which seems to be a fancy word for the ability to see other people's calls on hold and answer them.

FreePBX has "parked calls" which are visible to the group through the FOP. HUD offers the ability to see everyone's calls in a similar fashion.

Can I get a "process" that explains the reasoning behind the need to share the phone calls? Why an agent needs to be able to see that a line is "busy" when it's not a call on their phone?

On a standard PBX this was necessary to avoid trying to dial out on a line that was busy ... but with VOIP you do not have this issue. Of course with a PBX, intercom was "extra" and being able to yell across the office "hey, bob, grab line two!" was essential. No longer, as it is commonplace for the dialplan to allow for blind or assisted call transfers, call parking, etc.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Features