finish lead for callbacks and callback alerts

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

finish lead for callbacks and callback alerts

Postby js19 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:02 pm

Hey Mark,

We're live with vicidialer now. It's been incredibly smooth so far, especially considering that the motherboard on our stratadialer actually fried itself last thursday so i didn't get to do any real testing first.

I'm probably going to make the following modifications myself, but one thing everyone on the floor complained about was that when you select a callback, you HAVE to call it and hang-up immediately if you decide you don't actually want to call the customer. Imo, "finish lead" should be available so that they are not forced to dial it but can still re-disposition it as a callbk.

The other thing I was wondering about was whether there were any plans to have a pop-up reminder for Agent callbacks as they approach their CB time. This is something my agents are requesting and that I might add myself if it's not on the roadmap.
js19

Postby mflorell » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:43 pm

That would require a few hours of work, since there is a lot more involved with doing that than just activating that link.

As for the popup window, there is a count of active callbacks currently which is why we have not done a popup, but that too could be added in an hour or two.

You can:
- add those as features yourself and submit the code for includsion
- post to the issue tracker if you like and hopefully someone will have time to work on them in a month or two
- you could contract VICIDIAL Group or another consultant to make the changes for you in a quicker time table.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby js19 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:15 pm

Ok, thanks, Matt. I'm gonna have to wrap my head around the source code after i get other things out of the way that are more pressing, so i will probably wait until the next official release is available before i start making more changes and I'll submit them once I'm done.
js19

Return to Features