Skills based routing

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Skills based routing

Postby Trying » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:26 am

Hi

In our country we have several national languages. It will be a great feature to be able to route calls to different agents according to the languages that they speak. So we know beforehand what the language is of the clients that we phone and only the leads that matches the agent's language are routed to him/her. I am sure this is not the optimal solution for predictive dialing, but can it work with the other dialing methods?

Thanks!
Trying

Postby mflorell » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:09 pm

For outbound, there is no way to do this in VICIDIAL, or most other predictive dialers. It is simply too complex to try dialing predictively with any degree of accuracy with those extra variables thrown in.

What country are you in?

How many languages?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Trying » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:01 am

I am in South Africa. I think we have something like 11 official languages :D
Trying

Postby mflorell » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:29 pm

Wow, that sounds confusing :)

As for inbound, skills-based routing is not as difficult, just create a different in-group for each language.

There may be a hack solution for the outbound side, but it would take some creative AGI scripting and it most likely will not calculate language into the predictive algorithm.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Trying » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:55 pm

Yes, I am thinking of doing something like that for manual dialing........ otherwise will the easiest solution be to create closer groups based on language and then the agent simply transfer the call to a closer agent who is "more" proficient in that language?
Trying

Postby mflorell » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:25 pm

The fronter/closer method sounds like a good solution for what you want to do.

Let us know what you end up doing and how it works out for you.
mflorell
Site Admin

may be possible....!

Postby rajiv_kuin » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:54 pm

I guess it may be possible in some way, all you are looking for here is that Vicidial dials the customer and the call is transferred first to the IVR menu that ask the customer to dial 1,2, whatever to choose his language and only then its transferred to the available agent...

Well might not be that hard for matt... i guess its a good option for B2C calling, where you have a large callcenter and you can cater to a customer for more than one service, like the ivr asks if you would like to have help on debt dial 1, if you want credit card dial 2... and then the call is transferred to the desired group of agents... how the pop up would come... i have no idea

what you guys think.... :D
rajiv_kuin

Skills based call routing

Postby chrism » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:04 am

Hi Matt,

As a follow up to this post, is there a feature where you can have 20 agents. Some are sales people, some are technical. However, sales guys can answer technical questions, but obviously are not as good as the technicians. I've seen in other call center software where you can actually rank the skill level of someone and if a user presses '1' for technical support, it will route the call to the person with the highest skill level for technical support.

Chris
chrism

Postby mflorell » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:18 pm

Yes, we have several clients doing this through the use of in-groups. You can also rank agents by their skill level for each in-group so that calls can be routed based upon thos ranks.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby chrism » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:11 pm

I'll have to give that a try. thanks!
chrism

Return to Features