Duplicate & Update list import feature

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Duplicate & Update list import feature

Postby tbenson » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:41 pm

Had a client who imported a list incorrectly the other day. Last name became middle initial, so no last name provided. Unfrortunately they started dialing on the list and have about 5000 out of 30,000 dialed. I was thinking that instead of using some mysql foo to resolve this, it might be nice to have a dropdown option in list import that checks for duplicates, but then asks if you want to update the records instead of not importing them.

This of course wouldnt be the option to choose when adding leads to an existing list, but to reimport a list already being used it might be a nice way to fix import issues. Although in the best case scenario nobody would start dialing a list until they verify the import went properly, but then we can't force them to let us manage each installation we do ;)

Thanks
tbenson

Postby mflorell » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:58 pm

interesting idea, could you possibly write the code to do this and contribute it?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby tbenson » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:03 am

Willing to try. I leave on vacation Friday morning. Who knows maybe ill spend time in the evenings attempting to do this code, probably something I could actually get done by the week. WHereas all my other ideas have to much learning curve. Ill keep you updated.
tbenson

Return to Features