How to write comments on disposition selection?

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

How to write comments on disposition selection?

Postby DarknessBBB » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:35 am

Hello everybody,
I'm asking to myself (and now to you :P ) if a feature like this is useful:

The agent choose a disposition, and at the same time he can write a little comment on that.

Example:
Disposition -> KO
Comments -> Mr. Smith was stone-deaf!
DarknessBBB

Postby aster1 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:26 pm

He can minimize disposition screen .. write comment in comment box then click hangup again and dispose call .

Or he can write comment first then dispose call by clicking hangup .

Possibilities are endless :P
lol
aster1

Postby mflorell » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:21 pm

This gets into a discussion I had a long time ago with several VICIDIAL users about allowing comments for every call. At that time it was decided to only have one comments field instead of confusing everything by having a separate comment field for every call. viewing those could take a while, but might be a good idea at this point.

How do you think that this would best be implemented, how should the agent that next gets that lead be able to view the previous comments?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby DarknessBBB » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:55 pm

Thanks again for the answer! :wink:
If I've understood well your thought, maybe it can be implemented letting the agent viewing last "n" dispositions with their comments and their dates:

Date - Disposition - Comments
2007-07-10 - Busy - NULL (not showed to the agent)
2007-07-11 - CallBack - "Talked with the son, Mr Smith will be at home only in the night"
2007-07-12 - No Answer - NULL (not showed to the agent)
2007-07-12 - Fax - NULL (not showed to the agent)
2007-07-12 - No Answer - NULL (not showed to the agent)
2007-07-13 - Sale Made - "Talked with Mr. Smith. He lives near a little church. For the roadwarrior seller: Call him on mobile before ringing at home"

Well, is a little more readable now then writing only one comment "linked" to the lead instead of the disposition like in this example. And the agent will be more "tracked" in case of problems with Mr Smith, because we know that the first time he has talked with his son (for example :lol: )

I'm thinking, moreover, that maybe you can simply modify the code used for inserting the "callback comments" that is implemented in the current version.

What do you think? :oops: :oops:
Last edited by DarknessBBB on Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarknessBBB

Postby mflorell » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:52 am

This sounds good, although the callback mechanism won't work because that's an entirely different sub-system. We'll have to figure out a different way to store those comments.

Can you write up what you have into a new issue in the issue tracker?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby DarknessBBB » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:32 am

mflorell wrote:This sounds good, although the callback mechanism won't work because that's an entirely different sub-system. We'll have to figure out a different way to store those comments.

Can you write up what you have into a new issue in the issue tracker?

Here we go:
DarknessBBB

vicidial_agent_log

Postby edzofcit » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:49 pm

aster1 wrote:He can minimize disposition screen .. write comment in comment box then click hangup again and dispose call .

Or he can write comment first then dispose call by clicking hangup .

Possibilities are endless :P
lol

This will be helpful since all the comments that you'll be writing each call will also be inserted in the vicidial_agent_log. Then, you'll just make a report that will gather these data(from vicidial_agent_log), Now, you can have a commented disposition for each calls. :lol:
edzofcit

Postby mflorell » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:51 pm

I think it might go better in the vicidial_log table instead of the vicidial_agent_log, just so we can have the possibility of adding comments to calls that may only hit an IVR for example.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby DarknessBBB » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:10 pm

Starting to write something ;)
DarknessBBB

Postby mflorell » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:59 pm

Cool! Please make sure you build and test against SVN before posting to the tracker.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby rcphq » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:28 pm

a proyect of ours wanted something similar,
a quick compromise we arranged was moving the comment box down and make it bigger, that way they could comment while 'working' the script.
we dont need it in the disposition but maybe something like that could work?
maybe a small txtbox in the disposelection box where you could add a comment, then it would be simply appending it to th general comment field with date included,
i think that's a fairly workable solution, no?
rcphq

Postby mflorell » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:22 am

The comments field really isn't big enough to handle multiple comments with a date field, it is only a 255 CHAR field in the vicidial_list table.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby rcphq » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:22 am

mflorell wrote:The comments field really isn't big enough to handle multiple comments with a date field, it is only a 255 CHAR field in the vicidial_list table.

had'nt really noticed :P
my bad, ill see what can be done to work around it
rcphq

Return to Features