Dynamic Campaign & Agent Settings

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Dynamic Campaign & Agent Settings

Postby martinch » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:27 am

Good afternoon all, hope everyone is having a great weekend. It's me again with another feature idea :) can't get enough of them recently.

This one is quite an ambitious one but who would like to see dynamic campaign and agent settings in ViCiDial? I did put a ticket on ProjScope that outlines a plan to implement such a feature. mflorell - would love to know if you have clients who may have expressed desires for such functionality. Essentially, when we load up ViCiDial, we grab the current campaign and agent settings from the database and lock them in for that dialling session. My proposal is to allow some (only some at the point) to be changed dynamically during the dialling session. This negates the need to log out and back in again to pick up new settings. The pros to this are;

• Agents don't have to log out and back in again...makes reporting cleaner.
  • Maintains a higher level of productivity for agents as they don't need to logout multiple times a day due to campaign changes.
  • Campaigns changes become more fluid and seamless to manage.
  • There can be a noticeable performance uplift.

I haven't identified the scope of the change yet as there are dozens of eligible options to review but interested to hear views on this before I begin any kind of development. Certain settings lend themselves easily to becoming dynamic (for example, enabling preview mode on a Manual campaign) but there are insane ones too (like changing a dial method from manual to auto).

Cheers guys.
Project Lead @ mDial -> https://github.com/TheBlode/mDial
martinch

Re: Dynamic Campaign & Agent Settings

Postby mflorell » Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:28 pm

That is what the "update_settings" function I added 9 years ago in vicidial.php/vdc_db_query.php was intended to do, but it's a lot of work and some settings affect how the vicidial.php screen renders the agent screen so making some of the campaign settings dynamic like that will require a ton of work to implement as you have mentioned.

Currently, "update_settings" will update 12 campaign settings in vicidial.php and it is triggered when a call is sent to the agent.
mflorell
Site Admin

Re: Dynamic Campaign & Agent Settings

Postby martinch » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:25 am

mflorell wrote:That is what the "update_settings" function I added 9 years ago in vicidial.php/vdc_db_query.php was intended to do, but it's a lot of work and some settings affect how the vicidial.php screen renders the agent screen so making some of the campaign settings dynamic like that will require a ton of work to implement as you have mentioned.

Currently, "update_settings" will update 12 campaign settings in vicidial.php and it is triggered when a call is sent to the agent.

Ahhhhh. I never noticed this code block before now. Thanks for highlighting. So we do have some dynamism of settings within a live ViCiDial dialling session but it's limited to 11 settings here.

Yeah, it's going to be a big job but I am up for the challenge. :) I think what I will do is I'll assess the campaign settings + user settings and make note on the complexity of implementation and I can feed that back here. Thanks Matt for the feedback :)
Project Lead @ mDial -> https://github.com/TheBlode/mDial
martinch

Return to Features