Can i scrub data with vicidial

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Can i scrub data with vicidial

Postby mr_mehul_shah » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:06 am

Hi Group,

I am using astguiclient-2.2.1 with asterisk-1.4.21.2.
I am using e1 priline. for outbound dialing.
I have a database of 1lakh users. I want to dial all numbers and check which all numbers are working numbers & want to get report of that.

I know i can dial with remote agents but how will i come to know whether number is working or not ? I dont want customer to pickup the call before that only i want to hangup the call when it rings 1 time. So that it will not charge me.

Can i get this with vicidial ?

THanks

Regards
mr_mehul_shah

Postby mflorell » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:10 am

This really depends on your carrier. Some send out useful termination codes, some do not. Generally, if you are trying to figure out if the line works without actually making it ring there is no good solution for that.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mr_mehul_shah » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:21 pm

If carrier sends useful termination codes than how can we detect it. I just want to make 1 or 2 ring and than disconnect..

Please guide me.

thanks

regards
mr_mehul_shah

Postby mflorell » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:30 pm

Have you looked at the vicidial_carrier_log at all?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mr_mehul_shah » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:58 pm

Not yet. But before that i want to know do i need to do any other settings of when it rings it disconnect..
mr_mehul_shah

Postby williamconley » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:08 pm

Campaign setting:

Dial Timeout: in seconds

PS: If you are ACTUALLY going to do this, I suggest you do it with a Carrier you don't mind losing contact with forever. For instance, an SIP carrier that you can just "not pay any more" because you have no contract. If you are using a T1/E1 carrier with whom you have a contract ... you are about to have a Rude Awakening. They will likely cut you off and announce that you've violated your contract with them by dialing in this manner, then invoice you anyway (even though you can't dial).

:) But I'd love to hear the outcome. Should be interesting. If you get away with it without being cut off or pissing off your provider, please let me know!
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Features