Agent waiting for call, but server is stuck on dispo, help..

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Agent waiting for call, but server is stuck on dispo, help..

Postby lowno » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:08 pm

I have a fresh deployment of Vicibox. Install was eash and it is working great. I have it running on a Quad-core server.

We are only doing live agent campaigns, 1 seat, ratio, dial level set to 3. I have been monitoring it closly, and for some strange reason the server periodically thinks the agent is on the dispo screen, but the call was already dispoed and the agent is waiting for another caller. Here is the screen shot:

Is there any pointers or settings for me to change? I have verified that she is not at the dispo screen. So ultimately she just sits there waiting for a call indefinably.

lowno

Postby Op3r » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:38 pm

log her out.

Close her browser and log back in again.
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby mflorell » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:55 pm

This is usually a result of:
- the user agent computer having a problem
- the agent clicking back on the browser
- networking issue
- using network terminals instead of computers for user agents
- database lockup or underpowered servers
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby lowno » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:11 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.

Perhaps it is the station. It is a low powered celeron.

Also, what is the recommended browser for agents? Firefox?
lowno

Postby Op3r » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:10 pm

a lot of advances had been made to make sure that vicidial is enabled on IE. But I would still recommend firefox.
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby lowno » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:02 pm

I have a new question which may be cause by the same problem. Matt said, among other problems, that it may be the client machine. My new issue:

This may be human error on her part....

Intermittently she can't transfer calls to closers. It time outs, but the thing is, I don't show that vicidial even tried to call the transfer number. Then after it time outs, she cant try to call again. Very weird. Our workflow is: Vicidial dilas out vial an IAX trunk with Trixbox on it. We transger calls into a queue on this same trixbox, vial dial with customer option. I have tried to see what is happening by leaving terminal open while in asterisk -r. I can't even see the call attempt when it happens for her. But I go and try and it works perfectly. Strange. I wonder if this is cause by her underpowered celeron workstation with vista on it.
lowno

Return to Support