Softphone not dialing

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Softphone not dialing

Postby Yanela08 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:19 am

Hello...

I was able to install asterisk to my server and softphones to my lan clients. I can make or receive calls but when I use vicidial for testing purposes (before I get a real sip account) it just dials the lead I've loaded and xlite does not even respond. I also get a message on the screen saying no one is in the conference 8600051 and call timed out. contact administrator. I did some research and one of the suggestions I got from the forum is to delete the MYI files by entering myisamchk -r *.MYI. That got my vicidial really messed up because now, the users are not showing up in the USER LISTINGS and the 8600051 further are not appearing in the SHOW VICIDIAL conferences. And when I go to CAMPAIGN, it says "This campaign has 1 active lists and 0 inactive lists | This campaign has 0 leads to be dialed in those lists", when it does not do show me this before. It should be saying 1 active list and 1 leads to be dialed.

Please help. Thanks.
Yanela08

Postby mcargile » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:48 am

When the agent logs in their softphone is supposed to ring and they are put into a phone conference. They stay in that phone conference throughout their shift never hanging up on it.

Is the phone ringing on log in?
Are you staying in the phone conferences?
What is the output of "screen -ls" when run on the Linux command line?
Michael Cargile | Director of Engineering | ViciDialGroup | http://www.vicidial.com

The official source for VICIDIAL services and support. 1-888-894-VICI (8424)
mcargile
Site Admin

Re: Softphone not dialing

Postby williamconley » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:38 pm

Yanela08 wrote: but when I use vicidial for testing purposes
Howdy Yanela08. Welcome to the site.

Please read the stickies. Please post your setup so we know how to help you (OS, Vici version, etc., as listed in the stickes). You may even want to make them part of your "signature" so you don't have to remember to put them on each post. (one liner: SlackwareXX.XX: AsteriskXX.xx: VicidialNOWX.X ...)

And please tell us how you "use vicidial for testing purposes". Do you mean log in as an agent, and then hit "resume"? Do you mean activate a remote agent?

There are instructions for a complete setup, called a scratch install. Have you done this? or have you installed VicidialNOW?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support