Vicidial wont add leads to hopper

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Vicidial wont add leads to hopper

Postby r3v » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:49 pm

After a fresh installation of Vicidial, and then finally configuring it for my SIP Trunk, I can't seem to get a new leads list to load into the hopper such as the managers manual suggests. Any help with this?
r3v

Postby mflorell » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:45 pm

How exactly did you install VICIDIAL?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby r3v » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:03 pm

Nevermind, i got the hopper working, it was just an issue with the time curfews associated with the lead list.

Next issue, i can't seem to login into the user agent page. Everytime i enter i get:

Code: Select all
Sorry, your phone login and password are not active in this system, please try again:
r3v

Postby enjay » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:19 pm

Yea we're probably not going to hold your hand through the basics...

Buy the manual (you can download the free version but it doesnt have all of the goodies the pay version does), it will help you immensely. Let us know if you continue to have these issues once you've familiarized yourself with the basics of the app.

http://www.eflo.net/store.php

-Art
enjay

Postby r3v » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:48 pm

oh i'm sorry. i thought this was the support forum....

if it's basic, i don't see why anyone can't just help me with it. Wait, so you want me to buy a manual to make sure i don't know it? I read the free manual, and setup everything accordingly, i even had to tweak it in order to get it to load the list. I'm sorry if im not entirely trusting of a source that I had to play around with in order to get to work. I have yet to even test the system, i want to make sure it works before I jump into potentially throwing out $100.

I appreciate what mr. florell has done for the community, and I would love to contribute, but i'm not the owner of a corporate office, and i dont have money to spare, but i don't mind contributing either. I just want to give this a test run before i get the manual. I will have to get it either way, after i set this up, i have to leave someone else in charge of it. I'm sure you understand.
r3v

Postby williamconley » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:31 pm

r3v wrote:
Code: Select all
Sorry, your phone login and password are not active in this system, please try again:

Actually, that's an improvement. At least it told you what was wrong. Did you create a "phone" under "admin"?

There is a FREE "mini" version of the Manager's Manual (or at least there was last time I checked) that describes the basics of "git it goin" quite well.

Try it. You'll like it. ;)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby r3v » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:37 pm

thanks william, I'm trying to add another phone under admin right now. Xlite didnt have any issues with using the cc100 accounts to log in, so i didnt think it was an issue.

i noticed in your sig that you offer the setup service for vicidial. I head over to the east coast quite a bit, florida sure wouldnt be an issue, is there anyway i can grab you for consultation? that or over the phone? :D I left a job posting in the other subforum.
r3v

Postby r3v » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:08 pm

IT WORKED! :) it wasn't that hard now was it to help me out? Thanks i'll purchase the manual asap. :D

Some other questions to get it done now better than later. I don't know if its covered in the manual, but if it is just state that and I'll read it in there.

1. How to enable Press 1 to transfer campaigns?
2. How to enable ftp access to the server? The instructiosn on wiki don't work for me :'( ?
3. How to play a prerecorded message on answer?
4. How to do on answer, transfer to a representative?
5. It seems that whenever Vicidial calls, it requires that the agent be already in a SIP session, is this because of manual dialing mode or my softphone? Would autodialing mode call, and on answer transfer the call to available rep?

Thanks ahead guys.
r3v

Postby mflorell » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:21 pm

Have you read the Agent manual?

For full logging and functionality the agents need to be in the session off-hook. The exception is if the agents are set up as Remote Agent accounts.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby r3v » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:59 pm

is it bad i don't know what that means? your just trying to make money... haha jp. i just took a look at the agent manual, i dont see anythign about enabling off-session hook for agents. Are you saying that i should setup the remote agents in order to accomplish that? i'd actually prefer that cuz im working with dsl lines here (3 or 4) and that would make my life easier (if i knew how to setup the remote agent accounts, covered in the manager manual?) thanks again
r3v

Postby mflorell » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:23 am

The agent manual is free, the only thing the paid agent manual has is screenshots not extra content, but it tells you to use the agent interface that you need to stay off hook.

If you don't care about using the agent interface then you can use Remote Agents. Setting them up is not very difficult at all and if you are in the admin.php interface you can go to the remote agents section and click on the help buttons for more information about the fields to set it up.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:24 am

The main (huge) difference between "Remote Agent" and "Logged in User/Agent" is that a remote agent cannot "disposition" a call or makde any notes (no computer!). So if there was a "sale" or a "call-back" or an "Answering Machine"... you'll never know. This is a huge loss of data. But yes, Remote Agent allows a user who is NOT always connected to the system.

Would autodialing mode call, and on answer transfer the call to available rep?
Yes, whether the agent is "logged in" or "Remote", that is what autodial will do using the standard VDAD Exten of 8365.

In fact, the ability to do that without the person receiving the call even being aware that the call was generated by a computer is a main purpose of Vicidial' existence. Autodialed calls are pereceived by the recipient as manual dialed calls instead of "please hold for an important call..."
williamconley

Postby enjay » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:17 am

r3v,

Im not sure what this flame is all about, essentially what I was saying is "help us help you" there is a search feature on this forum you clearly have not used based on some other questions you have asked, which have been answered countless times. There is a manual available both free and pay which obviously buying it is a sore subject. We are all volunteers here, many of us have been moderating this forum for years helping people like you, and our time is limited so answering questions we've already answered can get old "Im sure you can understand".

Seek a consultant to help you with the basics if you dont have the time or technical know-how to get it going yourself.

Ohh and 100$, come on???

p.s. it works..

r3v wrote:oh i'm sorry. i thought this was the support forum....

if it's basic, i don't see why anyone can't just help me with it. Wait, so you want me to buy a manual to make sure i don't know it? I read the free manual, and setup everything accordingly, i even had to tweak it in order to get it to load the list. I'm sorry if im not entirely trusting of a source that I had to play around with in order to get to work. I have yet to even test the system, i want to make sure it works before I jump into potentially throwing out $100.

I appreciate what mr. florell has done for the community, and I would love to contribute, but i'm not the owner of a corporate office, and i dont have money to spare, but i don't mind contributing either. I just want to give this a test run before i get the manual. I will have to get it either way, after i set this up, i have to leave someone else in charge of it. I'm sure you understand.
enjay

Postby r3v » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:26 pm

thank you mflorrell and williamconley, you guys have been a tremendous help these past few days. I will try to sort everything out by reading the manuals. I'm getting ready to set the server up in the office, but first i have to prep the wiring in the building first.
r3v

Postby williamconley » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:42 am

r3v wrote:I'm getting ready to set the server up in the office, but first i have to prep the wiring in the building first.

You may seriously want to set the box up at home (even if you have slow internet, as long as it's not dialup) and begin playing with it. VicidialNOW is often helpful in this regard with a quick setup. Then you can "Play" before there are employees whose livelihood depend on your Learning Curve. Just a thought.
williamconley

Postby r3v » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:20 am

thanks for the idea. i have a somewhat decent testing server running now (quadcore 4gbs of ram) at home, ive been writing down all my steps so that i can repeat a fresh install just in case i have to do it in the office. My boss is pretty lenient, he wouldnt mind me messing around a few days in the office to get this off the ground. Do you guys think the server is adequate to handle 5 to 15 seats max? Thanks again.
r3v

Postby williamconley » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:35 am

how many calls at one time? do you have plenty of bandwidth? are you recording? what's the speed of the CPU?

if you compress calls you use more CPU. so if you have less than 1.5Meg per 23 phone calls (i'm exagerating a little, but not much), then you load your CPU more by compressing. if you Broadcast (press one campaign, ask a lawyer first), you need MANY lines per agent to keep your agents on the phone. Also, are you planning to Record these calls?

So it's not just "5-15 seats" ... it's the number of concurrent calls, whether the system will be converting the calls from ULAW to G729/GSM or not, whether you are recording some/most/all calls ... and you did not give the speed of your processor.

that being said, if you have 5 agents on a 3:1 dial ratio, you're good if you have at least a single data T1 (1.5 M up and 1.5M down speed). however, if you're recording all calls and you have 15 agents on a 3:1 dial ratio (45 calls, plus 15 live local channels, and you have to compress the calls because you have a single T1 ...) you may hit a barrier. On the other hand, if that processor is a 3.2Ghz Quad Xeon, you may NOT hit a barrier for a while yet.
williamconley

Postby r3v » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:53 pm

" how many calls at one time? do you have plenty of bandwidth? are you recording? what's the speed of the CPU? "

1) Ill probably have only 5 agents to start with
2) Bandwidth, that i'm working on, I've been trying to search for a dependable t1 service around here, still no luck as of yet, so im stuck with dsl or if i'm lucky, fios until further notice. I'm sure if i get desperate i can pull up t1 service somewhere.
3) No recording, but we will do Broadcast campaigns (i am a lawyer :) ), so how many lines do you think i require to keep 5 agents busy?
4) i have two servers, one is a timid AMD 2.3ghz quadcore 8gb ram and the other i'm still waiting for the parts to come in, it's a AMD Opteron 3.0GHz Dual-core prolly 8 or 12 gbs of ram.
r3v

Postby williamconley » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:10 pm

The number of lines to keep an agent busy with "press one" depends almost entirely on the Message being presented. I've have messages capable of bringing in 20% responses, and I've had messages that could barely get 1% response.

But the question always turns out to be ... do you want your agents spending all day "filtering" the clients (because the message, although compelling, didn't actually acquire a client, but someone with LOTS of questions and doubts) ... or do you want to only talk to a very tiny portion of your answers because they Actually Want the Product? (but in most cases can't afford it ... because they are the type who are responsive to such tactics)

Good luck with that. I hate press one's. Can you tell?

I have clients that literally require 100 lines per agent.
williamconley

Postby r3v » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:34 pm

Haha thanks again for the answer william. I'll keep that in mind, maybe a press 1 campaign isn't such a great idea. Wow 100 lines per agent, Ill stick with having 5-10 active telemarketers then.

I just got off the phone with a nice t1 representative and I think i should be going with them, they have a center about 5 miles from me. The rep said 3mpbs/3mpbs connection for 200, sounds reasonable. I think that should be able to handle around 5-10 agents right (w/o broadcast campaign that is)?
r3v

Postby williamconley » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:43 pm

3x3 for $200/mo is VERY reasonable. Remember to check it (i use Speakeasy.net) before you tell them it's "installed to your satisfaction". You should get 2.9x2.9 during the test or you should tell them it's "not installed yet." And if it drops below that (when you aren't using the net for other things, of course) you need to call them immediately.

Modems and routers die (along with Monitors, Hard Drives, and Printers). So if you notice unusual behavior in your internet, check your speed continually for a while to see if it's dropping off. A momentary drop to a fraction of your 3x3 will drop all phone calls that were active. Then you have to find out whether it's your problem or their system. So have a laptop handy you can hook directly up to their system and hit Speakeasy.net to test without ANY of your equipment involved so you can decisively tell them it's their problem (or fix it yourself if the outside speed never drops).
williamconley

Postby r3v » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:31 pm

Will do, i will run the tests as you suggested. At around 80kb allocated per phone i could theoretically carry about 37 lines. Is that about right?
r3v

Postby williamconley » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:20 am

In a perfect world where there is no overhead and noone else using the pipe and the pipe is EXACTLY what they sold you and it only snows on Tuesdays ... but if you are looking for an estimate, drop it down 20% and you may be about right. Only one way to find out for sure.
williamconley

Postby r3v » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:50 pm

hahah alrite. ill see around to testing it. Thanks again william
r3v

Return to Support