ntp server 18.145.0.30 is not responding

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

ntp server 18.145.0.30 is not responding

Postby sundar » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:48 am

Hi,
In the scratch install it is mentioned to use 18.145.0.30 for ntpdate initial sync, but this server is not responding, is there any other server that we can use...?

I have one more question..my Vicidial server runs smooth for 15 to 20 mins with both auto and manual dialing and everything is perfect.. but after (15-20mins) all the agents are facing sound problem, they can not hear any the other end, and after few minutes it comes back to normal, what could be the possible reason..?
iam using Asterisk 1.2.24, astguiclient 2.0.3, zaptel-1.2.21
sundar

Postby mflorell » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:24 am

Yes this happened in the last few months, you need to find a local NTP server from the ntp list:

http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Servers/NTPPoolServers
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Baylink » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:15 pm

And one other suggestion I'll pass along from Mike and James:

Configure all your dialler/web machines to take NTP *only* from your database machine (assuming you're using more than one box) -- then tie your database machine (only) into the NTP grid (either by pointing it to the pool servers directly, as suggested, or by setting up one or two company NTP servers to point it to, which in turn go to the outside world).

You want to do it this way because if your diallers get out of sync with the outside world, all that messes up is your logs.

If they get out of sync with *each other*, your cluster will fall over; and in very unusual ways...

In my case, my in house machines -- except my diallers -- all talk to 10.10.1.1 and 10.10.1.2 (my 2 main NTP servers), and each of those machines' ntp.conf file points to 2 public strat2's, the other machine, and 3 us.pool servers. I keep really good time. :-)
Baylink

Return to Support