Agents with no PCs

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Agents with no PCs

Postby goit » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:12 am

Hello,
I have tried to figure this out on my own by reading all I can about Vicidial, and I have not been able to find an answer.

1- Is it possible to use Vicidial with Agents that don't have access to a PC (just phones connected to Asterisk)? If so, how would they login\logout, pause......etc.

2- Is it possible to use 2 different Asterisk servers in the same deployment? one for outbound dialing managed by Vicidial, and the other used to pass calls from vicidial to agents who are logged in on the second asterisk server.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
goit

Postby mflorell » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:35 pm

This is possible, but you still need a computer to log in/out the agents. The server setup is also possible and has been done before.

We have thought of adding a phone-login AGI script, but we have not had anyone that wanted to sponsor that development at this point.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby goit » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:22 pm

thanks for the reply Matt.

I am willing to help write this script if you believe this will bring great benefit to the product. I just need some pointers on what the script needs to do and I can take it from there.

let me know if this is something you want to pursue.

Thanks
goit

Postby mflorell » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:51 am

Not really sure where to point you, nothing like that exists currently, the script would need to check login credentials, the agent would have to have a phones table entry too(with the phone specified in the user record) and this is how the AGI process should flow:

- agent dials in login extension
- agent enters in username/password
- agent presses 1 to activate their session

To logout they would need to do the same things except press 2 to deactivate their session.

The AGI script would modify the remote agents entry with the same userID in it and change it from INACTIVE to ACTIVE when logging in.

There would need to be a lot of checking of the database to ensure everything was set properly, but it should work like this.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support