Remote Monitoring with Zap Channels

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Remote Monitoring with Zap Channels

Postby creativess » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:43 am

we are trying to get remote monitoring set up for a client who is asking for access via regular phone lines.

I have an inbound did set up and it allows the user to enter the conference number... I also enabled the pound to exit feature on meetme, so that the monitor can change sessions without disconnecting.

i am running into a problem... every time the agent hits hangup, the remote monitor is disconnected.

when using blind monitoring ... 08600300... the call is not disconnected, but I can't exit without hanging up the zap channel.

Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful.
creativess

Postby mflorell » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:33 pm

We have written custom dial-in monitoring solutions for clients before, but nothing that I would consider even remotely simple or even portable enough to put into VICIDIAL. There really isn't a good way to do it in all cases, the VOIP account route is really the best solution.
mflorell
Site Admin

Is there a way to not hangup all zap channels?

Postby creativess » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:57 pm

Is there a way to not disconnect all zap channels from the meetme room when the agent hits hangup? Or will doing that cause other issues.

The client that I am doing this for has a contract with a large wireless carrier and they are picky about how they want to monitor etc...

They are using voip accounts for internal monitoring, but the wireless carrier (owner of contract), needs to get access into the system using the pri's.
creativess

Postby mflorell » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:44 am

You would have to edit the source code of several agent-side scripts to not disconnect Zap channels upon hangup, and this would most likely lead to other issues.

The custom solutions that we have built relied upon a dedicated server handling the initial PRI/Zap call in and then a custom web interface that would allow the person monitoring to click on the agent they wanted to listen to, all of the configuration was manual and there were namy steps needed to create another monitoring account, but this did work. To set something like that up on a new system with all proper servers already in place would probably take about 10 hours.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support