broadcast to nowhere

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

broadcast to nowhere

Postby BenZM » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:50 pm

I have gone through the manual several times. I have set up the dial over and over again so that it should work, Cant get it to go. Remote agent will not start up. Using tutorial from manual on setting up a campaign without agents and paly message. Only no message. Nothing at all. Have tried all manner of honest and cheating methods of getting this done. Hacks or otherwisee. I have set up the remote agents I have tried all the extensions that are in the dialplan for vici (out of desperation. It does not start no matter what I try to do. Have a very nicely working system with 240 seats that will do all that i want, save for the above. No output, no logged anything. Doesn't seem to get started even when I ask it to do so, probably something that is dumb-I-am type of error.

If ther e is any suggestion would be great. Have got a custom dialplan extension with amd and dtmf, but just cant get it started.

Code: Select all
>> exten => _74187,1,WaitForSilence(2000,2)
>> exten => _74187,2,Playback(hello-world)
>> exten => _74187,3,Read(NECO|hello-world|1||3|20)
>> exten => _74187,4,SayDigits(${NECO})
>> exten => _74187,5,SetCDRUserField(${NECO})
>> exten => _74187,6,NoOp(Event_contact_${NECO})
>> exten => _74187,7,AGI(VD_amd_post.agi,$(EXTEN})
>> exten => _74187,8,Hangup

Thanks in advance

Benzm
BenZM

Postby mflorell » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:18 pm

astguiclient version?

what keepalives do you have set in the astguiclient.conf file for the server you set the remote agents up on?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:52 pm

Actually, I had a problem with that from a couple recent downloads which were diagnosed a couple nights ago ... and put a tech on it. He said he found a flaw in the sql call for the remote agent.

He also said that the version and change notes of the file were identical to previous working downloads and he could find no earthly reason why the file would have changed. Of course, it was 2AM on Saturday and I haven't had time since then, so I haven't posted anything.

I'll have him send me the actual offending lines of code tomorrow, and post them. Unless someone beats me to the punch.

The problem occurred in two different systems, downloaded probably a couple weeks ago. I do not know if the flaw still exists.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mcargile » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:28 pm

Please post the output from the command "screen -ls".
Michael Cargile | Director of Engineering | ViciDialGroup | http://www.vicidial.com

The official source for VICIDIAL services and support. 1-888-894-VICI (8424)
mcargile
Site Admin

Return to Support