Integrating with external systems

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Integrating with external systems

Postby ekaftan » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:22 pm

I am migrating a customer from EIC (Interactive) to Vicidial. EIC comes with some COM objects you can use to integrate a windows application to the phone system so the only window you click on is your app.

Customer is requesting I do the same with Vicidial....

Is there some kind of API somewhere?

thanks.
ekaftan

Postby williamconley » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:47 pm

actually, that's what vicidial is. the agent screen has buttons for everything, the agent should not be touching his phone at all.

of course, if you want to do things from outside vicidial and cause calls, etc., that's all something you can do in PHP to interact with vicidial or MySQL to interact with the data (making leads, etc.). you don't even need "com objects" to interact with vicidial since interactivity is a basic part of the PHP/Perl/Scripting interface that vicidial is built on.

what functionality are you looking for?

have you read the manager and agent manual?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby ekaftan » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:05 am

I need to replicate the funtionality of the php screen. I need to log an agent in, pause and resume, hangup, disposition call and transfer.

And I need to do all of it from a windows application running on the agents pc thats already built and agents are used to.

This callcenter is my 12th vicidial instalation so I am rather used to it, but this callcenter has been using this custom made app for years and agents are much faster with it.
ekaftan

Postby Op3r » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:12 am

you can always try to talk to matt or vicidial group about that requirement.
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby williamconley » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:07 am

ekaftan wrote:I need to replicate the funtionality of the php screen. I need to log an agent in, pause and resume, hangup, disposition call and transfer.

And I need to do all of it from a windows application running on the agents pc thats already built and agents are used to.

any custom app should be capable of issuing a request for a php page, which would result in the execution of the code on the page in question.

you would build an interface using pieces of the agent page and integrating them into the windows app.

it is also possible to use the functions directly from the php pages or break them down (the "api" interface that most programmers are used to are the same type of functions as what the php page executes).

of course, matt speaks this language inherently all day, so you could probably get a comprehensive solution tailored to your needs just like an API from his company.

i've done pieces of it for specific reasons (when the client says we need to be able to ___, then we need to be able to do it.) but it isn't fun because i did not write the code.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:55 am

We have started to work on an Agent-Interface API, but it only has a couple of functions currently and is nowhere near ready to completely replace all of the functionality in the vicidial.php user interface.

Of course we do offer custom programming and consulting on VICIDIAL, just go to vicidial.com to contact us.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ekaftan » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:40 pm

mflorell wrote:We have started to work on an Agent-Interface API, but it only has a couple of functions currently and is nowhere near ready to completely replace all of the functionality in the vicidial.php user interface.

Of course we do offer custom programming and consulting on VICIDIAL, just go to vicidial.com to contact us.

I don't have a budget allowance for consulting, but maybe I can help with development of the API.

Is what's done published? Can I access it to test and improve?

Thanks,
ekaftan

Postby mflorell » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:56 pm

We have all development code available on our SVN server(information in the Wiki)
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support