Softphone registered, int IP rings, ext IP does't ring

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Softphone registered, int IP rings, ext IP does't ring

Postby new2vici » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:22 pm

I have a new Vicidial server installed. Everything works fine (manual, ratio, inbound calling) when I'm using an internal system (same internal IP group). When I log into agent screen my softphone rings and I can get calls. However, when I tried to connect externally through the public IP, the phone will not ring when I'm logged in. It returns "Noone is in your session: 8600051". The softphone can registered and make calls (directly from softphone) from the external IP, so I don't think it's a firewall problem since I have the server placed in the DMZ section of the router. What could be causing the softphone not to ring? Thanks in advance for any help.
new2vici

Re: Softphone registered, int IP rings, ext IP does't ring

Postby codehaxor » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:12 am

new2vici wrote:I have a new Vicidial server installed. Everything works fine (manual, ratio, inbound calling) when I'm using an internal system (same internal IP group). When I log into agent screen my softphone rings and I can get calls. However, when I tried to connect externally through the public IP, the phone will not ring when I'm logged in. It returns "Noone is in your session: 8600051". The softphone can registered and make calls (directly from softphone) from the external IP, so I don't think it's a firewall problem since I have the server placed in the DMZ section of the router. What could be causing the softphone not to ring? Thanks in advance for any help.

Thats because vicidial uses the ip thats set in /etc/astguiclient.conf as its primary ip.
Team Dax Cordova IT Consulting
Vicidial Remote & Onsite Installation / Configuration / Custom Development / Consultancy Services
http://www.linkedin.com/in/codehaxor
FREE VICIDIAL INSTALLATION IN THE PHILIPPINES
codehaxor

Postby gardo » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:40 am

Do you have this entry in your sip.conf for the extension you're using: "permit = 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0"?
http://goautodial.com
Empowering the next generation contact centers
gardo

hello

Postby eliasferreyra » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:05 pm

;; VICIDIAL_auto_dialer transfer script:
exten => 8365,1,Playback(sip-silence)
exten => 8365,2,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => 8365,3,AGI(agi-VDADtransfer.agi,${EXTEN})
exten => 8365,4,AGI(agi-VDADtransfer.agi,${EXTEN})
exten => 8365,5,Hangup

use this
eliasferreyra

Re: hello

Postby gardo » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:28 pm

New2vici is actually referring to the issue that the softphone doesn't ring when connecting via public IP. The one you posted below won't help what he/she is experiencing since that extension is for transferring calls to the agent upon successful dial once they are already connected to VICIDIAL.

eliasferreyra wrote:;; VICIDIAL_auto_dialer transfer script:
exten => 8365,1,Playback(sip-silence)
exten => 8365,2,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => 8365,3,AGI(agi-VDADtransfer.agi,${EXTEN})
exten => 8365,4,AGI(agi-VDADtransfer.agi,${EXTEN})
exten => 8365,5,Hangup

use this
gardo

Postby new2vici » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:51 pm

Codehaxor,

Can I add another VARserver_ip for the external IP? How can I make so it works for both internal and external users?

-----

Eliasferreyra,

That exact syntax is already in my extensions.conf.

-----

Gardo,

I tried your suggestion and added the permit to the sip.conf of my extension, but still no good.

Thanks again for everyone's help.
new2vici

Postby gardo » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:06 pm

It doesn't really matter if your " VARserver_ip" is set to a public or private IP address. You should still be able to connect your softphone to Asterisk and make calls through VICIDIAL. Most of the VICIDIAL system we're handling has two NICS. One public and one private. The " VARserver_ip" is always set to the private IP address. We can access Asterisk and make calls through VICIDIAL using softphones/voip phones over the internet.

The problem you're encountering is usually related to NAT issues with SIP. Even though you have your server on the DMZ. Try changing your NAT settings on the router.
gardo

Postby codehaxor » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:38 pm

hmmm... can you paste the softphones sip.conf entry ?

did you add a nat=yes under it?

also do a route -n and paste the output here ( i know its kinda far out but it helps me determine where the packets are going, are they going to your live ip's gateway or are they going to your local area network gateway)

also check if the softphone is really registered by doing a sip show peers command under the asterisk console
Team Dax Cordova IT Consulting
Vicidial Remote & Onsite Installation / Configuration / Custom Development / Consultancy Services
http://www.linkedin.com/in/codehaxor
FREE VICIDIAL INSTALLATION IN THE PHILIPPINES
codehaxor

Return to Support