Trouble with installation

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Trouble with installation

Postby yellow.pages.search » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:45 pm

Hello everyone. I have a new copy of vicidial, and I have to say... pretty impressed. It's a very well thought out setup, but I'm having a bit of trouble due to my unique setup, and I was wondering if some kind soul could help me out here.

See, we have two pre-existing asterisk servers for our business. One is on the internal network at our office, and one is external - located at a colocation facility. The firewall here at our office is set to route all incoming SIP connections (on 5060) to our internal asterisk server.

So the issue goes like this.. we setup a softphone to connect directly to our new vicidialer installation (which is also at colo) from our internal network. As long as there is only one phone logged in, it seems fine. But the second we add a second phone, vicidialer is no longer able to ring through to the agent. I suspect this is a NAT problem. The softphones will not even register unless we use the softphone software to override NAT and manually specificy the external IP address of our office connection. So my current theory is that the firewall gets confused on which internal computer to route the call through to, because there are two (or more) different *outgoing* port 5060 connections.

My IDEAL solution would be to have our inhouse salesmen SIP register to our internal asterisk server, and have vici (via IAX trunk to our internal server) transfer calls (and place the inital entering the queue call to the agent) over IAX, but it seems vici refuses to forward/place a call over IAX because it cannot see the client locally logged in?

I'm not clear on how to make this work, and it seems like no matter what answer I come up with I'm hitting small snags. I should tell you I'm fairly new to Asterisk and even newer to vicidial, but I think I have a somewhat decent grip on what's going on. It would be much easier if we could can the internal server and do everything from colo, but it would take a LOT of effort to move that way, so any help would be VERY much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
yellow.pages.search

Postby mcargile » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:51 pm

Setup an IAX cross connect from the Vicidial to the in house PBX. In the Vicidial systems dialplan create a set of extensions that call through the cross connect to the extensions on your in house PBX. The setup the agents phones as External phones and put the extension on the Vicidial system that calls their phone as the phone extension.

If you need further assistance you might want to call our support department at 1-888-894-VICI (8424). We offer professional support and consulting.
Michael Cargile | Director of Engineering | ViciDialGroup | http://www.vicidial.com

The official source for VICIDIAL services and support. 1-888-894-VICI (8424)
mcargile
Site Admin

Postby yellow.pages.search » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:25 pm

This is more or less what I am trying to achieve. But the issue is I do not see anywhere to modify the dialplan. The initial agent sign-in call, when I watch the asterisk log, is placed via MeetMe. Since MeetMe doesn't seem to have a defined dial plan in any of the confs, I have no idea how to go about getting it to transfer.
yellow.pages.search

Return to Support