Reliability and High Avalibilty of astgui

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Reliability and High Avalibilty of astgui

Postby vidurmittal » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:26 am

Hi ,

I installed Asterisk and Vicidial on 2 machines for high avalibilty and reliability The Configuratiion looks as :

DRBD::::::::::HEARTBEAT:::::::::ASTERISK+MYSQL+APACHE :::: Floating ip

The two system have above configuration when ever a system get down, other systems comes up using heartbeat and drbd repli cates my data but the problem which i am facing is when ever my system goes down other system takes the resources completely but sip sphone is not able to transfer it self from that machine to the other and my vicidial pages take long time to move from 1 server to other in meanwhile the call is disconnected and xlite is not able to recive the call as soon i register my xlite again it recieves the call please guide me ...........

Wishes
Vidur
vidurmittal

Postby enjay » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:01 pm

To my knowledge, If you are on a call on System A and that system goes down your call will be lost. I have tested this using SIP load balancing on the F5 load balancer as well to see if it could statefully control the traffic which it could not.

As far as your phone registering to multiple servers that would be a function of the phone, and it would also be a function of the phone to determine if that server is up or down (i.e. heartbeat at a regular interval).

Polycom phones for instance can have multiple registrars.
enjay

Postby enjay » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:02 pm

To my knowledge, If you are on a call on System A and that system goes down your call will be lost.

As far as your phone registering to multiple servers that would be a function of the phone, and it would also be a function of the phone to determine if that server is up or down (i.e. heartbeat at a regular interval).

Polycom phones for instance can have multiple registrars.
enjay

Return to Support