Calls Waiting for Agents misreporting

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Calls Waiting for Agents misreporting

Postby tbenson » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:37 pm

What qualifies as a "call waiting for agents" in the real time screen?

I know something besides calls routed to the agi inbound script are appearing here as I am watching inbound calls with a grep for my NOOP i run. I notice lots of calls waiting for agents appear (lets say 4), and only 1 inbound call showup in my NOOP. With 4 agents free I see 1 call routed to INCALL I to a free agent, the other 3 agents are not in a call and other 3 "calls waiting for agents" go away.

I watched this for about 30 minutes and noticed it over and over again. Is the safe harbour message showing up as calls waiting for agents when they are not answered? If not what besides an inbound call would be registered as calls waiting for agents?
Trevor Benson
dCAP, LPIC-1, Network+, MCP
A1 Network Solutions - VoIP Business phone systems, Call Centers, Failover and Load Balanced network design.
tbenson

Postby mflorell » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:19 am

You would have to post the contents of the vicidial_auto_calls table since that is where the numbers come from.

Keep in mind that they are a snapshot, and as soon as a call is answered by the customer it will show up as waiting for an agent even if it has not been transferred yet in less than a quarter second.
mflorell
Site Admin

Calls Waiting for Agents misreporting?

Postby tbenson » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:23 pm

So outbound dialing that is between answer and the conference room will showup in the "Calls Waiting for Agent" like inbound calls in queue?

Do safe harbor messages look like calls waiting until they are hungup?

Thanks!
Trevor Benson
dCAP, LPIC-1, Network+, MCP
A1 Network Solutions - VoIP Business phone systems, Call Centers, Failover and Load Balanced network design.
tbenson

Postby mflorell » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:55 pm

Yes, and for a short time the calls in safe harbor would show up as calls in queue as well.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby gardo » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:50 am

We usually see this "X call waiting for agents" in the real time screen even when the agents have logged-out when there are "stuck" sessions or channels. Our stuck sessions/channels are usually calls getting transfered to closers but never quite got hungup properly by the system.

We just run "/usr/share/astguiclient/AST_reset_mysql_vars.pl" during lunchbreak when there are no agents logged in to clear everything up and then restart asterisk.

I'm welcome to anyone suggesting a more elegant solution to this.
http://goautodial.com
Empowering the next generation contact centers
gardo

Return to Support