inbound(closer) campaign

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

inbound(closer) campaign

Postby s0lid » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:27 am

Hi,

how can i change the music on hold in inbound and how can i change the voice saying "your call is very important to us please stay on the line blah blah..."
s0lid

Postby rajeevpn » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:12 am

If you want to change it across all campaigns, you just need to replace the corresponding sound file in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds
"Your call is important to us" is generic_hold.gsm. You can record your custom wav file in any sound recording software of your choice and convert to gsm by using sox as described in http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+sound+files or you may use the extension 8168 if you have it configured in extensions.conf. 8168 will invoke agi-record_prompts.agi and your file will be saved in the format 851XXXXX. You will have to rename that to generic_hold.gsm.

If you want different campaigns to have different recordings, a quick way to do that is to simply copy the inbound script (say agi-VDADcloser_inboundCID.agi) to camp1.agi; camp2.agi; edit the script and replace generic_hold (line 508 in my version) with the the filename of your choice.

Music on hold is park.gsm - (this is when the agent places the customer on hold using PARK CUSTOMER) SCRATCH_INSTALL describes how this works. In short, you can record your own gsm, create and new extension and configure the campaign to use that.
rajeevpn

Postby mflorell » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:32 pm

For the upcoming 2.0.4 release this will be configurable in the admin web interface.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby s0lid » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:38 am

rajeevpn wrote:If you want to change it across all campaigns, you just need to replace the corresponding sound file in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds
"Your call is important to us" is generic_hold.gsm. You can record your custom wav file in any sound recording software of your choice and convert to gsm by using sox as described in http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+sound+files or you may use the extension 8168 if you have it configured in extensions.conf. 8168 will invoke agi-record_prompts.agi and your file will be saved in the format 851XXXXX. You will have to rename that to generic_hold.gsm.

If you want different campaigns to have different recordings, a quick way to do that is to simply copy the inbound script (say agi-VDADcloser_inboundCID.agi) to camp1.agi; camp2.agi; edit the script and replace generic_hold (line 508 in my version) with the the filename of your choice.

Music on hold is park.gsm - (this is when the agent places the customer on hold using PARK CUSTOMER) SCRATCH_INSTALL describes how this works. In short, you can record your own gsm, create and new extension and configure the campaign to use that.

i can't hear any MoH in my inbound campaign only the hold_tone and generic_hold once in a while, how can i change this in the AGI?

thanks!
s0lid

Postby s0lid » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:40 am

another question about inbound. how can i change the waiting time of a customer in queue? like is there a way after 3 minutes a customer is waiting in queue they have an option to press anything to stay in queue or go to a voicemail?

thanks!
s0lid

Postby s0lid » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:46 am

s0lid wrote:
rajeevpn wrote:If you want to change it across all campaigns, you just need to replace the corresponding sound file in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds

i can't hear any MoH in my inbound campaign only the hold_tone and generic_hold once in a while, how can i change this in the AGI?

thanks!

weird thing i try to change the hold_tone form this:

if ($hold_tone_counter > 3)
{
$AGI->stream_file('hold_tone');
$hold_tone_counter = 0;
}
else {$hold_tone_counter++;}

to this:

if ($hold_tone_counter > 3)
{
$AGI->stream_file('park');
$hold_tone_counter = 0;
}
else {$hold_tone_counter++;}

so i can play the park.gsm file but still i can hear the hold_tone so definitely im doing it wrong :(. anyone can help?

thanks!
s0lid

Postby mflorell » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:55 pm

An option to allow customers to select whether they want to stay in the queue will likely happen after 2.0.4 is released
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby rajeevpn » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:01 pm

We just finished testing that in our inbound setup. Will be glad to contribute. Matt - should I use the SVN or Mantis?

thanks
rajeevpn

Postby mflorell » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:07 pm

Please use the codebase from SVN, keep in mind that all of the VDAD_inbound and closer scripts will be depricated in favor of a single new AGI script: agi-VDAD_ALL_inbound.pl

There are a whole lot of changes to the in-group call handling so it may take some work to adapt your new feature.

When you have a working patch finished, please post it to Mantis.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby s0lid » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:39 am

rajeevpn wrote:We just finished testing that in our inbound setup. Will be glad to contribute. Matt - should I use the SVN or Mantis?

thanks

hi can you post the codes? :D

thanks!
s0lid

Postby rajeevpn » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:10 pm

Uploaded to Mantis
http://www.eflo.net/VICIDIALmantis/view.php?id=147

Feedback most welcome!

thanks
rajeev
rajeevpn

Postby ramindia » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:10 pm

Hi Rajeev

Good Work

ram
Kindly post your feedback, if this solution works.
so its very usefull for others who join later as a NEWBIE.
ramindia

Postby s0lid » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:22 pm

thanks for the code mate! :D
s0lid

Return to Support