Automatic Callback problem

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Automatic Callback problem

Postby radhios » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:57 pm

Hi!!

I think that anyone can help me :lol:

My problem is as follow: When any operator send a contact to callback and schedule to any time forward and is send to callback pool the contact appear on time but when this contact is sent to himself do not.

A little more explain here:
when an agent choose the status "anyone callback" and schedule the lead for any time in the future, the lead will automatically drop at that time and for any agent. but when it is scheduled as "my only callback" it doesn't automatically drop for that agent.

Thank in advance!!

Roberto
radhios

Postby mflorell » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:47 pm

It's not a bug, it's a feature :)

The agent is supposed to click on their CALLBACKS link under the comments section of the vicidial.php page to select an active callback to place a call to. There is a counter on that link that shows the number of callbacks that are active to be called.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby radhios » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:22 am

mflorell wrote:It's not a bug, it's a feature :)

The agent is supposed to click on their CALLBACKS link under the comments section of the vicidial.php page to select an active callback to place a call to. There is a counter on that link that shows the number of callbacks that are active to be called.

Yes of course I know that the option to send a lead to my callback list or to the callback pool (this is for all agent) it's a feature that the agent can choose at your interface. But the problem is when the time for place the call arrive if the lead is in "anyone callback" drop automatically at the selected date and time, but if the lead is in "my only callback" doesn't automatically drop for that agent. The agent can look your lists and click over the contact to place a new call for the call backed lead but doesn't automatically drop for that agent

Thanks!!!
radhios

Postby mflorell » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:31 pm

When I first designed the callback functionality I got feedback to not do the manual callback automatically for several reasons:
- if the callback is set to time that the agent is never on the phone
- if the campaign is very busy(mostly for blended) you do not want to lock up an agent on a manual calls at a peak time
- agents wanted time to review accounts before placing manual callbacks

Auto-agent-only-callbacks is an option that could be added in a future version of vicidial if there is enough demand for it. I would suggest adding a feature request to the issue tracker as well as funding the new feature if possible.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby radhios » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:12 pm

mflorell wrote:When I first designed the callback functionality I got feedback to not do the manual callback automatically for several reasons:
- if the callback is set to time that the agent is never on the phone
- if the campaign is very busy(mostly for blended) you do not want to lock up an agent on a manual calls at a peak time
- agents wanted time to review accounts before placing manual callbacks

Auto-agent-only-callbacks is an option that could be added in a future version of vicidial if there is enough demand for it. I would suggest adding a feature request to the issue tracker as well as funding the new feature if possible.

Thanks Matt!!!

Roberto
radhios

Return to Support