autodial issues

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

autodial issues

Postby TroyD » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:57 pm

Have Followed Scratch install, bought manuals also, all seems ok, have 3 servers, 1-mysql 1-apache 1vici/asterisk - manual calls seem ok, when i autodial it dials, but i hear ringing in meetme room as soon as the first call goes out, have tdm404 w/4 fxo - asterisk 1.2.14 - tried astperl 0.8 and now have 0.10 installed, seems i get the call w/o detecting call progress, tried to turn call progress on in zap config, but then it calls my landline (using it to test) and I answer, but it never transferers me to the meetme room. Tried zap with and without callprogress and busy detection on/off, seems like auto dial call detection dosent work at all. Had it work once or twice w/iax but with zap it either connects the call to meetme when the ring starts or no connect to meetme at all (depending in how callprogress is set..) any ideas on what i can try next?
TroyD

Postby Op3r » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:58 pm

use the asterisk-perl .8

upgrade your asterisk.
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Versions

Postby TroyD » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:40 am

Sorry, I should have elaborated on the versions in more detail:
Also my bad, I misstated the asterisk version above, it is 1.2.24 as opposed to 1.2.14...

I had asterisk-perl .08 installed along with Asterisk 1.2.24, just tried asterisk perl .10 with no avail. which version of asterisk do you recommend?

Also, will be using a TE120P T1 Card in production, but testing with a 4 port FXO card for now until the T1 is installed and provisioned. I figured that it would be at least close as far as tuning and config settings, and wanted reliable timer source..
TroyD

Postby mflorell » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:38 pm

There are a lot of issues with call progress detection on FXO/FXS ports that are not an issue when you are using T1s or VOIP trunks. I would suggest doing your tests with SIP or IAX trunks instead.
mflorell
Site Admin

Testing W/SIP trunks instead of FXO

Postby TroyD » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:41 pm

OK, sounds good, I did have some success when I was using IAX to my other trixbox server, however it is using Yeastar TDM800 (8FXO) ports. I cant wait for the T1 to get installed, so I can stop pulling my hair out..

One other question though on this subject, when using IAX or ZAP, etc within Vicidial, sould the callprogress= flag be set? as well as the busy detect?

Or should I leave them out of the zap config..?
TroyD

Postby mflorell » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:09 pm

set call progress to no
mflorell
Site Admin

Autodoal issues gone

Postby TroyD » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:53 pm

I set up an iax provider and tested with them instead of the tdm400 and tdm800 cards, worked like a charm! Thanks again Mr Matt! You Da Man!
Works like a charm with asterisk-perl .10 !

The 3 server setup is perfect, will be able to add vici boxes and keep the same backend. (apache, and MySQL on VmWare ESX also, so it will be easy to backup and deploy more in the future.. Using Acronis to snapshot the boxes before any major changes..)

What a nice job, and kudos to you Matt for such a fantastic solution..

:)
TroyD

Postby mflorell » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:50 am

Thanks for the compliments :)
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support