found potential bug with remote agents.

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

found potential bug with remote agents.

Postby bobbymc » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:55 pm

I setup a survey campaign with 1 remote agent that has 60 lines.. everthing looks like its working fine besides the fact that when a call gets transfered the remote agent that transfered it gets their status changed to incall which is fine, but when the call is done from what i understand the status should be back to ready or love.. but it stays as incall and after 60 calls transfered it does not generate anymore calls since no remote agents are avaliable.. any idea what i might be doing wrong?
bobbymc

Postby mflorell » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:06 pm

There are still some bugs in remote agents, but usually it takes several hours before you see the one you mention come up if your system is properly configured and is not running at high load.

Does standard auto-dialing with live agents work OK on this server?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bobbymc » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:46 pm

yea that works fine... i would love to fix this bug like the other bug i made a fix for that caused meetme rooms to mix up and etc.. do you have a instant messenger i can contact you at to get more detials and discuss this?
bobbymc

Postby mflorell » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:01 pm

I have an IM login that I use, but I'm almost never on it.

How long does it take for the remote agents to get stuck INCALL?

Have you tried the SVN codebase? I have made changes to remote agents since the 2.0.3 release.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bobbymc » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:06 pm

I havnt tryed using the latest svn yet.. but let me try to understand this a bit more befor ei go that route..

so i setup a campaign and set the vdad extension to 8366 which is the survey script..

then i setup a remote agent with 50 lines and in external extention i set the number i want the calls to be transfered to when the person presses 1..

whenever anyone presses 1 it keeps that remote agent with status incall.. that happens everytime a transfer comes in.. also when i look in vicidial_auto_calls i see the calls with status xfer and then never get removed from that table which causes the amount of calls it makes to drop..

so its a few issues.. it be really nice if i could contact ur messenger to chat about this for a while and discuss some ideas with you.. is that possible at all for you to get on a messenger?
bobbymc

Postby bobbymc » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:40 am

found out that the 2,h,agi script wasnt added.. this happend because in freepbx u have to add this in extensions.conf

exten => h,1,DeadAGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => h,2,DeadAGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/VD_hangup--HVcause ... EBUG-----${HANGUPCAUSE}-----${DIALSTATUS}-----${DIALEDTIME}-----${ANSWEREDTIME}))
exten => h,3,Macro(hangupcall)

instead of
exten => h,1,Macro(hangupcall)

note that the macro has to be send at the end of the list
bobbymc

Postby mflorell » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:20 am

That'll do it :)

That's a very common problem, especially when using VICIDIAL with FreePBX
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bobbymc » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:14 pm

yup.. i also like to note that if u use freepbx and vicidial make sure the dialplan that makes the calls is overwrtie the one thats used by freepbx.. so if u do a include => from-internal make sure above it and below it you add your own dial plan that contacts the provider so it deosnt use freepbx to make the calls.. this is due to freepbx usiong recordingcheck and dialprefixcheck scritps that kill the cpu and ram ont he server for no reason.. its ok for manual calls couse you dont push more then x amount of seats at the same time but obviosuly witht he dialer thats not the case.. u could be puhsing over 30-40 calls at the same time..
bobbymc

Return to Support