Deleting callbacks that is not suppose to exist anymore

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Deleting callbacks that is not suppose to exist anymore

Postby caspar » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:38 am

I had the following query from a client and had no idea how to answer it:

"...we would like to know how to delete callbacks set on the system if we cannot access them because they do not have telephone numbers due to the fact that the lead list that it was originally set from, is now deleted."

I reproduced the problem off site by taking the following steps:

1) Create a new campaign and list
2) Load some dummy leads to test
3) Login to your campaign and dial those dummy leads.
4) At the disposition screen, schedule some callbacks (doesn't matter what type of callback)
5) Now, delete the list.
6) On VICIDIAL Administrator click on Campaigns -> modify -> Click here to see all CallBack Hold in this campaign

You will see the list of callbacks is still there! But they are not suppose to exist anymore, because they have been deleted.

Now, how do you get rid of those callbacks without telling the client to manually edit his own MySQL database to delete those records from the vicidial_callbacks table? They have no SQL experience whatsoever.
caspar

Postby mflorell » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:18 pm

in SVN I have added a link to the bottom of the callback displays in the admin.php page that would allow you to delete ACTIVE callbacks that are more than 1 week or 1 month old.

As for selectively deleting callbacks that do not have associated leads naymore, that is a good idea as well. Should this maybe be something in a cron script that is run every night?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby caspar » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:41 am

I do not think a cron job is the answer for this.

Why not just added another delete query to the function that is called upon a list removal? This query can delete all callbacks from vicidial_callbacks where the list_id matches the list being deleted.

Are there any other ways to delete leads, except deleting lists?
caspar

Postby mflorell » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:44 pm

Good idea, can you post an issue in the tracker for this?
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support