Mysql "asterisk" database

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Mysql "asterisk" database

Postby jim_manis » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:08 pm

I intend to use softphones only, so why the need for "phone_ip" and "computer_ip" in the "phones" table?

------------------------------------------------------------

insert into phones (extension, dialplan_number, voicemail_id, phone_ip, computer_ip, server_ip, login, pass, status, active, phone_type, fullname, company, picture, messages, old_messages, protocol) values('gs102','102','102','10.10.10.16','10.10.9.16','10.10.10.15','gs102','test', 'ADMIN','Y','Grandstream BT 102','Test Admin Phone','TEST','','0','0','SIP');

-------------------------------------------------------------

A major advantage of SIP and AIX(2) is flexibility. Once my IAX2 trunks have been registered, and my extensions defined, I want to be able to log into the dialer from my IAX softphone from any box on my LAN using the web-only app. That way I can place my call centre agents in any available lab with PCs and and internet connections, without having to tie them to predetermined, static IPs. My IT department would certainly be more comfortable with the dialer calling out to the client via SIP/IAX.

Since I've already idenitified my extensions by IAX ID, can I simply put the empty string ('') as the value for this two keys? Wishful thinking, I suppose, but is there another workaround?
jim_manis

Postby aster1 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:01 am

that fields in database doesnt look any phone to specific ip , they are just for informative purposes and its ur choice to enter them or no t. However server_ip is very important for phone as then vicidial would know which asterisk server to send call for it too . Real phone's login behaviour depends completely on how asterisk is configured . If you have host=dynamic in iax.conf and sip.con you can login any agent from any machine .. provided proper ports are open and rest of configuration is correct .
aster1

Postby mflorell » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:16 am

phone_ip is only used by the sipsak process if you have it enabled, but it is totally optional and not essential to the running of VICIDIAL. computer_ip is not used at all for VICIDIAL operations, it was used a few years ago when VICIDIAL was a client-side installed Perl/TK app.
mflorell
Site Admin

Good news!

Postby jim_manis » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:23 pm

Thanks to all for the speedy replies! Problem solved--well, a non-problem, actually. Thanks again!
jim_manis

Return to Support