Networking restrictions exist for AST_VDadapt.pl?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Networking restrictions exist for AST_VDadapt.pl?

Postby njr » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:44 pm

Hello all,

I'm running into an issue trying to use the inbound queue abandon part of VST_VDadapt.pl and an ABANDON_HOPPER_URL to process calls that abandon before talking to an agent with a custom script of mine (just the usual, PHP and non-agent API call).

vicidial_url_log shows it running every minute, url_type is abandonchk. However, url_response is always
Code: Select all
<RESPONSE EMPTY>...etc...connection refused!

Checking the pl I see that it's using wget. If I run wget with the same parameters from the command line, it seems to work fine.
Also, if I run
Code: Select all
/usr/share/astguiclient/AST_VDadapt.pl --campaign=camp --debugX
from a terminal, it also works fine, and vicidial_url_log shows a successful URL response.

So, is there some kind of permission restriction or other network restriction imposed onto the scripts run from...I guess cron? Or I guess really ADMIN_keepalive_ALL.pl?
Is there some other reason why this would fail when running automatically but work when I run the script manually from the same server? Actually, perhaps relevant, but how do I know which server is actually running AST_VDadapt.pl? I'm testing it on the one that I'm sending the initial na_callurl to and in that context /agc/abandon_check_queue.php seems to work fine.

The last bit of weirdness that I could imagine being possibly related in that in the logs showing that the requests fail, wget is resolving the FQDN to the local IP instead of the public IP. However, this also seems to work fine from the command line. I also tried http vs https and they both function in terminal and fail in automated script.

Any insight or ideas appreciated. Thanks!
Vicibox 11 from .iso installed/set up by Vicidial | Vicidial 2.14-900a Build: 231115-1636 | Asterisk 16.30.0-vici | 10-server cluster (1 primary DB, 1 primary web, 8 asterisk) in Colo DC | OpenSIPS on web as LB | 10x Dell R740XD
njr

Re: Networking restrictions exist for AST_VDadapt.pl?

Postby njr » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:38 pm

Well I should have trusted my gut more on this one. Changing from the FQDN to the public IP of the server seems to work.

Why? No clue. Any insight appreciated.
Vicibox 11 from .iso installed/set up by Vicidial | Vicidial 2.14-900a Build: 231115-1636 | Asterisk 16.30.0-vici | 10-server cluster (1 primary DB, 1 primary web, 8 asterisk) in Colo DC | OpenSIPS on web as LB | 10x Dell R740XD
njr

Return to Support