Announcing In-Group name to agent on incoming call?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Announcing In-Group name to agent on incoming call?

Postby njr » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:46 pm

Hello all,

I received a request today to have the In-Group name announced to the agent when a call comes in. Our call-center is mostly inbound, and especially for sales, agents log into one campaign (sales) that has many in-groups, with each in-group tied to a DID. This is for marketing ROI but also because they try to customize the way they answer based on the marketing campaign tied to that DID.

I know that it shows it on the agent screen, and I have made it bigger, but alas, they want an announcement.

After reading through the forums, manager, and agent manual, it seems like there are some options that could allow for this, but it's unclear if they would actually work.

I plan on creating wav or gsm files with each in-group name, so no TTS necessary.

Open to any suggestions on how to do this.

Here is what I am considering, and why I am hesitant to do it:
In each In-Group, set the Agent Alert Filename to the custom announcement file for that in-group. This seems straight-forward enough, as long as I create the right filetype.
Hesitation: Will this play only to the Agent? Will the caller hear it? I assume that the Agent Alert Delay exists for this reason.

Other points of confusion:
-What is the interplay between the above and the Agent Browser Call Alert option? Also, on a Vicibox 11 install, is there still an issue with Asterisk, as the warning says? Also, the manual says ". If you decide to use this option, you may want to contact your system administrator to
disable the default enter and leave session sounds on your dialers." Which sounds exactly is this referring to, and why?
-Does the agent need to have Alert Enabled and Allow Alerts to hear the In-Group Agent Alert? The manual says "We do not recommend activating this feature." Why?

I do feel like I may be over-complicating this. If the answer is just make an audio file and use Agent Alert Filename, then that's great.

Thanks!
Vicibox 11 from .iso installed/set up by Vicidial | Vicidial 2.14-900a Build: 231115-1636 | Asterisk 16.30.0-vici | 10-server cluster (1 primary DB, 1 primary web, 8 asterisk) in Colo DC | OpenSIPS on web as LB | 10x Dell R740XD
njr

Re: Announcing In-Group name to agent on incoming call?

Postby njr » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:20 pm

Well, I decided to just try it. For anyone wondering in the future, it is indeed as easy as creating the audio files (with the usual specs for the audio store), uploading them, and then assigning them for each in-group with Agent Alert Filename as necessary.

Agent Browser Call Alerts does not come into play. No other settings needed to be changed.
Vicibox 11 from .iso installed/set up by Vicidial | Vicidial 2.14-900a Build: 231115-1636 | Asterisk 16.30.0-vici | 10-server cluster (1 primary DB, 1 primary web, 8 asterisk) in Colo DC | OpenSIPS on web as LB | 10x Dell R740XD
njr

Re: Announcing In-Group name to agent on incoming call?

Postby carpenox » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:37 pm

Good post back
Alma Linux 9.3 | SVN Version: 3822 | DB Schema Version: 1711 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3 | Discord: https://discord.gg/DVktk6smbh
carpenox

Return to Support