Custom field distinct for every call

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Custom field distinct for every call

Postby npaskov » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:24 am

Hi,
I am testing the vicidial software as a replacement to our old call center system which is mostly used for Inbound call center.
Currently I found that only field available as a distinct to every call is Call Notes field. However I have requirement for more such fields like Call Topic which provides better clarity about topic of calls done in reports. I created Custom field with pulldown menu with options but after testing it came that its distinct to lead and not to a call and is updated after every call. It works if I use Handle Method: CID in IVR menus however thats not a good option since in that case system just creates new lead if same number calls which leads to a mess.
In my case I need that field to behave like Call Notes field do while keeping Call Notes field which is also required.

Any ideas how can I solve that problem?

And one more question - I have Manager manual 214-704a and followed instruction for J. Set up an auto-dial campaign to dial without any live agents and play a message. It works but I like to add an option for dialed party to connect to agent in our inbound group if he wants additional info. How can that be achieved?

Thanks everyone in advance.
npaskov

Re: Custom field distinct for every call

Postby mflorell » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:20 am

There is currently nothing that does exactly what you describe. Usually companies that need to differentiate calls in the way you describe will just use the Disposition status of the call to do so.

A new "Call Topic" per-call option could certainly be added, but it would probably take several hours of dev time to add it to the system and reports. I'll add it to our un-funded development list, but it would probably be some time before we would be able to get to it.

As for your outbound campaign survey question, using the "Survey Method" set to "AGENT_XFER" would allow the customer to press a digit to be sent to an agent logged into the campaign, or optionally a Drop In-Group if there are no campaign agents available.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support