Agent 'live call' notification delay

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Agent 'live call' notification delay

Postby sandstone » Tue May 09, 2023 7:59 am

Version 2.14-878a | Build 230312-2212 | all-in-one | VICIbox install with no additions

Hello,

We've setup a new, single machine call-center. Installed on a hosted server with Twilio elastic sip trunk, used only for outbound/manual calls. Followed Managers Manual for setup. Everything is working but...

When agents click dial-next-number the call connects but the agent screen does not update the 'live call' for 20 seconds or more. This results in the 'transfer conference' button being grayed out and unusable while waiting for 'live call' to update. Agents are unable to transfer the call to leave a voice message. Audio works both ways as soon as the call is answered. I've spent a lot of time going through the forum and found people with the same issue, but have not found anything that would resolve the issue. This is happening on all calls. Doesn't matter if it is one agent or 8 (our max at this time). Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've ran out of things to check. :)
sandstone

Re: Agent 'live call' notification delay

Postby carpenox » Tue May 09, 2023 12:47 pm

What's the specs on the server? It's it bare metal or vps?
Alma Linux 9.3 | SVN Version: 3818 | DB Schema Version: 1710 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3 | Discord: https://discord.gg/DVktk6smbh
carpenox

Postby sandstone » Tue May 09, 2023 1:22 pm

Bare metal server.
sandstone

Postby sandstone » Tue May 09, 2023 1:37 pm

Xeon E#-1230 v6 Quad-Core 3.5 GHz | 16x ECC DDR4 SDRAM (GB) | 400 GB Enterprise SSD | 1Gbps Uplink Port Speed | 20 TB Bandwidth
sandstone

Postby martinch » Tue May 09, 2023 2:27 pm

Welcome to the forums and welcome to the ViCiDial world :)

Thanks for the detailed description too. At a glance, something isn't quite ticking over and I have a hunch something isn't syncing up correctly between your Asterisk installation and your database and thus not feeding back to the agent's interface in a timely fashion.

You may want to start troubleshooting there. Here are my suggestions;

• Open up Developer Tools on the agent machine.
  • Start logging the network requests.
  • Make a manual dial call.
  • Take note of how long it takes for the Live Call indicator to pop.
  • End the call and save the output of the network analysis.
  • Analyze the request (paying attention to the response payloads).
  • Or you may wish to post them here (but make sure you scrub sensitive data prior to doing so)

That would be my go-to place to start with as it seems connectivity to Twilio is established but there could be a number of things that could be going wrong so yeah.

Hope this help. :)
Project Lead @ mDial -> https://github.com/TheBlode/mDial
martinch

Return to Support