States seem to get set by area code when uploading leads?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

States seem to get set by area code when uploading leads?

Postby didntgotocollege » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:48 am

Hey guys, I'm at a loss on this one. Hoping I'm just being a dummy.
I recently started getting complaints from agents that the lead's states are incorrect. After looking into this it appears that the new leads being uploaded, are having their 'state' field changed to match their area code. I can't find any reference in forums or manager manual about this as a feature, but I confirmed that any phone number with an area code that doesn't match it's current state in the lead will have it changed to match the area code. (e.g. A lead for Los Angeles, CA with ZIP 90001 will have the state changed to "NY" if the phone number has a "212" area code for Manhattan NY. Everything else in the lead remains the same, only the State is wrong.

At first I assumed the lead files were wrong but I confirmed the states were correct inside the excel files and attempted to upload myself but I can't seem to replicate and this seems to be intermittent but affecting multiple lists. Any insights?

VERSION: 2.14-869a
BUILD: 221021-1038
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 3658
DB Schema Version: 1670
DB Schema Update Date: 2023-04-02 14:39:24
didntgotocollege

Re: States seem to get set by area code when uploading leads

Postby mflorell » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:05 pm

Do you have the In-Group "Populate Lead State Areacode" feature enabled on any of your inbound groups?
mflorell
Site Admin

Re: States seem to get set by area code when uploading leads

Postby didntgotocollege » Mon May 01, 2023 3:00 pm

Sorry for the late reply I forgot to check the notify on reply box!

I only have the manual inbound group enabled and that feature is currently set to disabled.
didntgotocollege

Return to Support